Solved

NEED HELP BUILDING My PC GAMING RIG. SUGGESTIONS PLS.

Hey guys, I have a $1200 budget for building a gaming rig. I really want to have a small form factor(micro ATX mini tower etc.) but also want to fit the GTX 770. Overclocking isn't a must but preferable. I'll order from Newegg.com also I'm residing in California. +/- $50 is all good.. Thanks in advance :)
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about building gaming rig suggestions pls
  1. Does this include monitor/OS/Keyboard/Mouse?
  2. This is just for the rig. also i'll be gaming at 1920x1080
    In retrospect i've should've been a little more specific :)
  3. Best answer
    Richard Harrow said:
    This is just for the rig. also i'll be gaming at 1920x1080
    In retrospect i've should've been a little more specific :)


    Haha no worries!
    IMO, the Bitfenix Prodigy is a great micro ATX case: $100
    In terms of processors, I would probably go with the 4670k: $250
    GPU: 770 (preferably Windforce, since it has great cooling): $420
    SSD: 60 GB- $60
    HDD: any 1 TB, 64 MB cache HDD- $100
    RAM: 8 GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance- $70
    Cooler: I'm not entirely sure what coolers will fit in the prodigy; I'll have to do a bit more research into that.
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87M Extreme4 (only one full x16 electrical slot [as with all micro-ATX MoBo's] so no GPU upgradability, really)- $140
    And there you go! A great GTX 770, i5-4670k build for under $1200! :)
    EDIT: SSD solely as a boot drive, hence the small capacity
  4. Thank you, the case looks really good. I'll go with black $10.00 off right now. Also in your opinion, could I get a decent CPU overclock with the stock cooler? I was hoping to fit the COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO with the small form factor but I think the 770 is gonna straight-up murder any new games I throw at it anyways.
  5. Richard Harrow said:
    Thank you, the case looks really good. I'll go with black $10.00 off right now. Also in your opinion, could I get a decent CPU overclock with the stock cooler? I was hoping to fit the COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO with the small form factor but I think the 770 is gonna straight-up murder any new games I throw at it anyways.


    I was going to recommend that exact cooler, but I'm not positive it fits (although I'm 95% sure). In any case, it's relatively simple to buy an aftermarket cooler a month or two later (once you get used to your computer), as you probably won't be OC'ing immediately anyway. However, if it fits, I think that would be a great cooler, and it would support mild OC'ing; for something that would support more, you'd need liquid cooling, which gets tricky in micro-ATX cases. I think that the 212 EVO will be fine as long as it fits.
  6. I think you're right. I'm gonna order the parts this week, minus the cooler then see how it handles. I appreciate the help Bro Montana.. Can't wait, my brother is gonna be so Jelly haha. GO TEAM VENTURE!!! :)
  7. Richard Harrow said:
    I think you're right. I'm gonna order the parts this week, minus the cooler then see how it handles. I appreciate the help Bro Montana.. Can't wait, my brother is gonna be so Jelly haha. GO TEAM VENTURE!!! :)


    Haha any day! Tell me how it goes! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Cases Build PC gaming