where would i get the original disk that came with a dell inspiron desktop 531?

vulcan45

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
hi i have a dell inspiron desktop 531 & we bought it of a neighbor when he was upgrading his computer,But he could not find the original disk that comes with the dell 531,my OC disk has space on it but my recovery is almost full & i can not perform any back ups or restore,When i go to back up it will start back up but then it stops saying the is inefficient space to continue,Also i get cannot back due to catastrophic failure with a code belong side it starting 0X800 continued.then i try a restore and it says there is no restore point in the top left of the box in red,i can afford to go out & buy a computer for a good few months,iv noticed when you go to the disk properties you click on computer & you get tools & an error checking when you click on that you get scan & fix disk for problem & scan and attempt to fix problems ? .does anyone know if this would maybe work ? & should i give this a try as i don't use the computer for games its mainly for the internet & doing projects ect,I'm sorry if this info iv given isn't the best but im trying to remember everything that iv come across,does anybody know of any free program's that are any good or is it best to stay well clear of these as ive noticed when i tried 1 it slowed the well seemed to slow the computer up so i got rid of them,Id really Appreciate any help from anybody who may know what to do & how i could get an original start up disk?.Thank you. v

dingo07

Distinguished
That's a good starting point ^^^ but ccleaner needs to be configured properly to be most effective

I suggest you delete any backups currently residing on your drive and see if you will then have enough space to perform a backup

You might want to use Acronis to do your backup

vulcan45

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013

you have to buy these are there free ?

vulcan45

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013

WHEN DOING THE CC LEANER DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE CONFIGURATION WORKING PROPERLY AS IM NOT THAT VERY GOOD WITH COMPUTERS IM NOT SURE HOW TO SET MY CONFIGURATIONS, PROPERLY.WOULD THIS ONLY WORK WITH THE UPGRADED VERSION AS I DOWNLOADED THE CLEANER AS YOU RECOMMENDED AND IT SEEMS TO WORK I THINK ?.ITS GETTING ALOT MORE FREE SPACE TO CREATE A SUCCESSFUL BACK UP IM STRUGGLING WITH ALSO THE IS NO DVD-RW DISKS YOU COULD BUY THAT WOULD BE ABLE TO CREATE A BACK UP WITH IS THERE?.I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP THAT YOU HAVE GAVE ME IF AT ALL YOU HAVE ANYMORE ID GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.THANK YOU.

dingo07

Distinguished

ccleaner3.jpg

ccleaner2.jpg

ccleaner1.jpg

vulcan45

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013

Thank you for your help it is greatly apreshated i didnt relise that capital letters was assumed as shouting im very sorry to all that has helped me,Thank you