Last response: in News comments
June 10, 2013 12:40:18 PM

Can I install Win7x64 on it?
Score
a b D Laptop
June 10, 2013 12:53:19 PM

brandonjclark said:

You mean, turn it into an actually useful device? The MAC crowd will rip you to shreds, LOL.
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 10, 2013 12:55:12 PM

brandonjclark said:

you can bootcamp, but you'll have shitty drivers :p 
Score
June 10, 2013 12:59:57 PM

You can install windows 7. Despite the "macTax" it's an ultra portable with regular notebook performance.
Score
June 10, 2013 1:00:01 PM

Eh, was hoping for a Macbook Pro refresh. Only thing I really wanted out of this WWDC, but what did I get instead? An ultra-thin nearly worthless laptop, and a giant black tube.
Score
June 10, 2013 1:03:41 PM

Ragnar-Kon said:
Eh, was hoping for a Macbook Pro refresh. Only thing I really wanted out of this WWDC, but what did I get instead? An ultra-thin nearly worthless laptop, and a giant black tube.

They say you can't please everyone. Looks like that's still true.
Score
June 10, 2013 1:09:40 PM

vmem said:
brandonjclark said:

Or you could run Parallels, Fusion or VirtualBox... and have both and add other OS's.. :) 
Score
June 10, 2013 2:46:59 PM

Still no retina displays on MacBook Airs then? I thought Apple was aggressively migrating everything to include at least a retina option.
Score
June 10, 2013 3:18:12 PM

brandonjclark said:

Sure, but part of the 12 hour claim comes from enhancements made to 10.9. I love Windows 7 but it burns through battery much faster on my mac than the Beta OS does currently.
Score
June 10, 2013 3:19:57 PM

nitrium said:
Still no retina displays on MacBook Airs then? I thought Apple was aggressively migrating everything to include at least a retina option.

They may introduce a mid range model in a few months with the retina screen. FWIW, the regular MBPro 13 with Retina is like 1lbs more than the MBA and nearly as thin.
Score
June 10, 2013 3:20:43 PM

Quote:

Yeah, a battery life hit is the main thing I'd be concerned about.
Quote:

I guess it costs them too much. That said, when I've played with the macbooks in stores, the 13" rMBP is only half a pound heavier and a little thicker than the 13" air. It's noticeable, but not a big deal. I'll happily take the rMBP in that case purely for the screen. I wonder how the battery life on the rMBP will be once they put Haswell in it - I'm seriously considering buying one of those.
Score
June 10, 2013 3:21:29 PM

kingssman said:
You can install windows 7. Despite the "macTax" it's an ultra portable with regular notebook performance.

Not necessarily, part of the 12 hour life is due to the enhancements on 10.9 - I posted earlier. I love Windows 7 but it doesn't last nearly as long on my MBA with the new Beta OS.
Score
June 10, 2013 3:22:11 PM

livebriand said:
Quote:

Yeah, a battery life hit is the main thing I'd be concerned about.
Quote:

I guess it costs them too much. That said, when I've played with the macbooks in stores, the 13" rMBP is only half a pound heavier and a little thicker than the 13" air. It's noticeable, but not a big deal. I'll happily take the rMBP in that case purely for the screen. I wonder how the battery life on the rMBP will be once they put Haswell in it - I'm seriously considering buying one of those.

Well said :) 
Score
June 10, 2013 7:42:08 PM

So I suppose that CPU is either the i7-4550U, i5-4250U or i5-4350U

~1.5GHZ base dual core, 3GHZ Turbo is pretty good especially with such good integrated graphics (no eDRAM though)

EDIT: I was right! According to ifixit, it uses the i5-4250U 1.3/2.6GHZ processor with HD 5000 graphics
Score
!