ASUS Maximus V Gene

mr1hm

Distinguished
I believe if you're planning on buying an Ivy bridge CPU they already have integrated graphics in the chip itself. In my experience, I tried making a hackintosh and went with a i7 3770k and Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H and used the CPUs integrated graphics by plugging the monitors VGA cable into the back of the motherboard and booted nicely.

If you pick up a ivy bridge CPU (3rd gen Intel CPUs), the link shows that the integrated graphics is supported as long as the CPU has one. Not sure about the 2nd generation Intel CPUs

nitsu895

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

ok with that being said which motherboard would you recommend for mild gaming and a not to high price?

Z77 Gaming boards from MSI are all good at their price range, mostly due to the Killer LAN controller they use. This include : Z77a-g43 gaming ( lowest in the chain, but still packs 6+1 phases power design for OC ), Z77A-G45 gaming ( more phases, more connectors at the back, better board layout AND SLI support ), Z77A-GD65 gaming ( basically the last boss here, tons of connectors, giant heatsink, lots of phases, auto OC options, voltage checkers,... lacks of a Wifi module would be its only downpoint ).

I have both, MSI Z77 Mpower and AUS Maximus V Gene. Both are very good and similar price, but I would go with ASUS for support and quality.

Generally all this motherboards doesn't comes with integrated graphics since that option depends of CPU himself. All SB, IB and Haswell CPUs comes with integrated graphic card.

Now you also need keep in mind some other things before get this ASUS model, Do you want SLI/Crossfire in future? LAN PCI card? Audio card?, because in that way, the ASUS isn't the best option for be an mATX mobo. If that is your "thinking", get the Z77 Mpower or Z77 Gaming.