Apistek Shows Off Peculiar Water Cooling Concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.
That second thing is going to be absolutely ridiculous - fans that spin around the reservoir? Really?

The tall radiator, however, might be a convenient option to add a little extra cooling to a lot of our loops. I know I'll be building a dedicated radbox in the future, and this might just replace that.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
These guys should ask Zalman how well the Reserator worked...because this looks like a 'bigger' version of that hunk of crap. Also...would appear that the tube reservoirs shown would possibly be aluminum...don't these guys study up on galvanic corrosion?

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

The external "tube" with fins is likely extruded aluminum but I doubt that this company is dumb enough to not have a copper core that comes in contact with the fluid in the loop.

chumly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010

Galvanic corrosion is when you have two dissimilar metals come in contact with each other. Unless you live in a tropical-coastal region with lots of salt in the air/humidity (Hawaii?) you shouldn't have problems. You're more likely to see this when a fastener is using a different metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.