Microsoft Announces Yet Another Redesigned Xbox 360 at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Jaber... I'm guessing by the time the PS4 or XBOX One come out, you'll be able to get a 360 for less than half the cost of a PS4 and that's probably with motion controls. On top of that there will be a staggering game selection for PS3/XBOX 360 compared to the new consoles for quite a while. Price + game selection is a compelling reason to buy a machine... Heck, look at the Wii - outdated hardware, few games, and a gimmicky motion control system and it outsold the PS3 and 360 combined for a good long time last gen.

Short version? Not everything is about "ZOMG I got the 1337est new gaming console with my one game!" Mature consoles have notable advantages.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
A notion would assume they're wasting their time considering the new consoles are almost among us but this is also good news for those doing it tough.

Not saying only the unfortunate would benefit, just saying some kids out there have to wait.

josejones

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
God damn this new fucking update by Tom's - Once again my short post won't go through & keeps saying "an error has occurred" - bullshit.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
God damn this new fucking update by Tom's - Once again my short post won't go through & keeps saying "an error has occurred" - bullshit.
You can't have any line breaks if you post from the article side. (if you track down the article in the forums and post, it works fine) What the hell toms?

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
This is just a way to de-value eveyone's current 360 and hurt the second hand console sales just as many people would want to be selling.

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
What some people don't realize is that you cant play 360 games on the xbox one.. So for continuity sake, they made a 360 that looks similar to the xbox one.. Eventually this will be cheaper, and an inexpensive way to play the old library of games.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
"The new console takes its design cues from the Xbox One but is exactly the same under the hood."

So this thing comes with a bluray drive and AMD apu? :) I mean, it's EXACTLY the same right? So I save a few hundred? Does Tom's guarantee this? I see you are trying to force connections to my other accounts (I had to log in even though I was in another tab...LOL). And I had to block a new ad you forced on me in the lower left...oh well, adblock+ FTW! :)

John Hadley

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
Any console manufacturer will release new models of the console at least every few years if they want to get sales, otherwise a lot more of the sales than they would like will go to the used market because the price is much less. Even if they only change the design of the faceplate and nothing else they need something for people to look at and recognize a new model from the old in order to make sure they get the sales from the part of the population who will only settle for the latest model which very has few used units available on the market.

frank the tank

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
They Had to release a new 360. as far as the Xbox One goes. Microsoft Went Full EA and ended up shooting themselves in the foot.. with a rocket launcher. Microsoft I hope you learn from your mistakes... Never go Full EA

jerrspud

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
How long did the PS2 co-exist with the PS3 and still beat it in sales numbers? Heck Sony made the PS2 until this year. I think it's a good thing that M$ will still support the 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.