Monitors - Analog vs Digital Signal Frequency

dolfinator

Distinguished
May 28, 2013
Hello,
I am currently looking for a 120hz 3d monitor and I noticed that the specs mention different frequencies for analog and digital signal. For example: Analog Signal Frequency: 24~140 KHz(H)/ 50~122 Hz(V) • Digital Signal Frequency: 24~83 KHz(H)/ 50~85 Hz(V)
What I want is a monitor that can show 120 fps ( and 60 fps in 3d). From these numbers it seems to be the analog, but looking at two kinds of frequency is confusing to me.
I know what digital and analog signals are, but please explain to me why the monitor uses both and tell me which freq. determines the maximum FPS rate of the screen.
Thanks in advance

dolfinator

Distinguished
May 28, 2013

1. No, there aren't any. 2. I've never MET a movie in my life, but I'd be curious to meet one. 3. When you post a reply like this, you generally have to mention what it has to do with the topic.

He said he's looking at a 120Hz MONITOR not TV. Big difference.

Blu-Ray movies are 24FPS. That only means anything for watching Blu-Ray on an HD TV though.

Kursun

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008

No, he is not looking for a 120 Hz monitor. He said he is looking for a monitor that can show 120 fps!

Fereyle

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
Dolf, excellently phrased.. it's disappointing that the response is the typical.. bickering. Hit me up if have found some good info, but don't "hit" me if'in you haven't "met" me. LOL. As an electrician and somewhat familiar, a device being dually capable doesn't mean concurrently capable, e.g. it will use EITHER digital or analog. The refresh vs frequency is a good question. Is what these fools that responded right? 120 HZ = 120 refresh? I'm not a master electronic tian, just electrician... Someone qualified to give the real answer to this and really clear up some of my questions with the physical reality vs theory of digital (yes or no) and analog (continuous range between yes and no) would be awesome... like can or does it take - + to flip the switch for digital or, "or" -, +, and it's either pulse and neutral off of time slot which would lead me to beleive that a 120 hz signal would produce 240 refresh...