• The PC

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • xbox One

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Leroy Vaneman

Honorable
May 24, 2013
So I've been having this little argument with a friend of mine. Im getting a new system in a few days (I've posted some questions about it before), and in terms if raw visual processing, which one would be (hardware-wise) the winner.

Simply: Which hardware can deliver a more beautifull game, at acceptable framerates ofcourse.

My PCs specs;

Mobo - ASRock B75 Pro3
CPU - Intel Core i5-3470
RAM - Crucial 8 GB DDR3-1600
GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW SIG2
HD - Western Digital WD1002FAEX 1 TB
PSU - XFX PRO550W Core Edition
Case - Sharkoon Vaya with 2 case fans

Give it your best guess, and if possible with the reasoning behind it!

g-unit1111

Titan
I've argued this to death, but consoles aren't PCs. And vice versa. If you want a PC, buy a PC. If you want a console, buy a console. But what you should not do, ever, is allow the fanboy hype to influence your decision. If you want framerates, the PC will beat any console in its' path. There's really no evidence to the contrary.

thesuperguy

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
It is just a known fact that a GTX 670 will come far ahead in terms of performance compared to the xbox one who's graphics processor has been said to be similar in performance to an HD7790.

On the other hand, the PS4 who's graphics processor has been said to be similar in performance to an HD7870 will not be crushed to such a major degree but the GTX 670 will still leave it in the dust.

Leroy Vaneman

Honorable
May 24, 2013

I'm not sure if you even READ the thread, but this isn't about wether to buy an PC or xbox One..

Anyhow, I'm glad with the answers and I will, ofcourse, be rubbing this in my friends face. Thanks!

thesuperguy

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013

But keep in mind that you will be most likely spending around double what your friend will be spending. His main argument will be price to performance and it is a legitimate point. Your computer will not have double the gaming performance.

Leroy Vaneman

Honorable
May 24, 2013

But I will have 'options'. Man, even IF xbox One was twice as powerfull as that PC and half the price, I wouldnt be buying it.

Every single time I play on a friends console and I go to the options menu of a game (if there even IS one) there is this huge pillar of burning fury inside me. I cant stand it. Same for Crysis 2 for example, when I couldnt customize all the graphics options I just excited and deïnstalled.

dragon199

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
not necessarily

games are usually optimized for consoles not pc

though with consoles going the x86 way bad ports should be minimum

but you never know especially for nvidia as everything is going to be custom made for aMD

still the pro that nvidia is it may still end up with more compatibility than ati