Can my motherboard support beefy graphics cards?

G

Hey complete noob here with a decent pc build. (MY FIRST THREAD!!!!!)
Anyway here is the story, i am upgrading my pc case, gpu, and psu(to power the graphics card)
I have a ok (kinda bad) pc build, specs-

gigabyte z77-ds3h mobo (not really good)
intel 3770k (closed loop watercooled 240mm rad)
gtx 650 (upgrading thank god)
xtreme gear 850 watt psu (really bad i know, no 80+)
and a shit case (lol)
8gb corsair ram
128 sandisk ssd
wd 2tb hdd

anyway, i am upgrading the case to a fractal define r4 windowed black (sexy)
i will have a SeaSonic Platinum Platinum-860w psu (thank god) and will most likly get a gtx 780, will only change is amd comes out with something better in the future.

anyways i will get this awesome psu which i know can handle the gtx 780 no problemo (can it power 2x 780s?)

My case will be cool (y)

But the thing is, i have a budget mobo and i dont want to upgrade because the new 1150 socket mobos came out and i dont want to have a 1155 (plus i would then have to upgrade my cpu, which i think is fine, i dont edit stuff). The question is, do u think this mobo would work and and take full advantage of the graphics card?

that is it, all answers would be appreciated ty

p.s. should i also upgrade my ram? like i said, i dont edit videos, but i play games so um yea thats it (lol)

p.s. If my psu is not enough to support 2 gtx 780s, do u think i should just go for a really high watt psu like a 1000, or should i accually downgrade to like a 650 watt psu, to be honest i dont think i will be putting 2x 780s in my system, i have one 27 inch asus moniter and a 18 inch crap vga acer secondaty moniter

TheMentalist

Distinguished
First of drop the psu to a 650w yes, only go higher when adding multiple graphicscards.
Your cpu is awesome, no need to change it for another one,
8gigs of ram is more than you need
And finally your mobo will handle that card fine, it has a pci-e 3.0 x16 slot. Only no support for sli, but that shouldn'y be problem i guess.

G

Sorry, the mentalist but before i close this thread, do u think that it is worth upgrading the mobo to a higher quality 1155 socket one, I wont be doing too much oc or running sli 780s, but it is just a question.

G

G

The mentalist, i like the mobo u showed me but All i am going to do is use gpu boost 2.0 to oc my video card and I am going to oc my cpu to prob 4.1 ghz, i would not oc anything else, my ram is 1866 ghz so that is fine, my moniter is oc though to 66 frames per second