Will the phenom ii 965 bottleneck a Gtx-560 superclocked?

TheEscapist

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Hi guys

So im planning on getting a phenom ii x4 965 BE, an asus m5a78l-m lx mobo, a WD caviar blue 500 gb hdd, and a hyper tx3. I want to know if the phenom will bottleneck my gtx 560 sc that i have. I know the phenom is older than the fx series but my hdd started making noises a few days back so i need to get a new one. This means that i have to put $60 into a new hdd so i cant go with an fx series cpu. My budget is $250. So with the hyper tx3 how much can i oc the phenom and will it bottleneck my gtx 560. Currently when i run bf3 on a pentium g850 and the same gfx card my cpu usage is at 100% and my gfx card is around 30-40% usage. And how far of an overclock will a hyper tx3 take the phenom? Ad does anyone have a different cooler that is less than $20 and is very good?

Thanks.

TheMentalist

Distinguished
The 965 BE wont bottleneck your gpu, its a beast cpu. But for the same price you can get a FX-4100, its newer and works a bit better than the phenom. But for better overclocking you can stick with the phenom.
And about your cooler, i usually work with a hyper212, performs good even when OC'ing.

TheEscapist

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
But the phenom beats out the 4100 in multithreaded and singlethreaded tasks. And im going with the tx3 cuz it has a rebate and my pernts will not pish the price anymore! Lol

TheMentalist

Distinguished
Ok then, a little overclock on the phenom should be ok with the TX3. If you get a rebate, go for it, its not a bad cooler. One note though, without OCing the phenom you still get good performance in gaming