I recently built my first computer (there is the first clue I guess). I'm not a genius at this stuff but I know enough on how to put together a computer (or thought I did anyway). I finished it, turned it on, all the fans started running, the hard drive is running, the light on the motherboard is on, but my monitor stayed blank and the system speaker started repeating one long beep and two short beeps. The user guide for the motherboard says this means no memory was detected. I tried using a single stick of ram, switched it around in different slots, checked the CPU for bent pins, and after that, the beeping is still happening and I have no clue what to do at this point. Some help would be appreciated. I'm not sure what all could be relevant to the problem, so here is a list of all the parts I used in the computer.
- CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
- CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B
- ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
- SAPPHIRE 100358L Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card
- AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop Processor FD6100WMGUSBX
- Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM
- LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM
I should also mention that I have a warranty on my items, so if it comes down something that I can't fix right now, I'd at least like to get an accurate idea of what the problem is so I know what to replace.