Help with Dual Channel

gkko

Distinguished
May 28, 2013
Hey Guys!

I bought a new Kingstone HyperX 1866mhz 8gb Predator ram it is a memory kit with 2x 4GB. CPU-z and everything says they run in Single channel and i don't know why.

Mobo : Asus p6t Deluxe v2
I placed in the right place, based on the guide, and my brain + the previuos rams were in the same slot with working dual channel.

Maybe i missed something BIOS option for make them dual channel?

Legohouse

Honorable
May 13, 2013
Hello,:hello:

Acknowledge, if you have the same speed, same latency and same voltage memory installed in your system (matching speed is not mandatory but try to match the latency and voltage).

Now coming to the issue, try installing the memory in slot DIMM A1, A2, B1 & B2. Install the memory starting from the slots closest to the processor (leave the last two slots, furthest from the processor). Try this combo, hopefully it should work. Having said that, there is this note in the manual which states the following - "Due to Intel spec Definition, X.M.P. DIMMS and DDR3-1600 are supported for one DIMM per channel. So I do not know if this is causing the memory to be run in single channel.:spamafote:

Click here --> for your "System Manual".

Good luck. Let me know how it goes. :hihi:

gkko

Distinguished
May 28, 2013
Hello!

First Legohouse , thanks i will try it in few hours. As the Guide said now its in A1+B1. but i tried almost in all configuration, with some of them my commp just doesn't start. But i'll check it again.

Tradesman1: of course i only use the new ones.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Sorry, I saw Legohouse say install in A1, A2, B1 and B2 sounds like 4 sticks but only saw a 2x4GB or 2 sticks. Well whatever, might make sure you have the latest BIOS and check the QPI/DRAM voltage, prob want 1.2

gkko

Distinguished
May 28, 2013
Hey guys!

So good news, i tested everything A1+A2 and B1+B2 aren't good, my comp does not start.
I changed back to A1+B1 as the manual says. Tried to configure it manually but if i did its blue death with overclocking failure. Then i read legohouse said max 1600mhz, so i tried xmp profile #2. And now it works with dual channel 1600mhz.
Aida with 1866 single was 14 000 now with 1600 dual 22-23 000.
Any possible way to get 1866?