Computer network breach

Brandon Sr

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
I need some assistance or direction. I was told by my virus software help desk that my computer network has been hacked and everything has been shut down in the windows security part of the network. He ran some kind of diagnostic system search that showed my IP adress was link to a couple of Forgien IP addresses. He then tried to PRESSURE sell me several fix plans through a level 7 Microsoft tech to fix the problem. I need to know if this is something that I need to go ahead and do or is this a scam to get me to buy something that I don't need or could do something on my own to fix the issue. He said that my Dll has been shut down, and have registry errors as well. Also with this I have several computers on this network, if I fix one how can I know that the others are not effected too? Please help if you can

For those that request I could send a copy of the fix plans that may explain more on what they were looking at doing

Brandon

I am pretty sure it's a scam. How do I know? "He said that my Dll has been shut down, and have registry errors as well." CLASSIC. Have you seen a large performance hit or any unusual errors?

Brandon Sr

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Also I have Kaspersky anti virus software and they are the ones that are telling me I need this additional things done. Not sure why this breach was not caught but that is another story.

Brandon Sr

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

I would suggest downloading ms security essentials and running a scan. it's free and there are no ads.

Brandon Sr

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
expl0itfinder, other than the computer running slower not that I know of. When he ran the diagnostic I saw all the files going by in yellow type, then pages and pages of red went by at the end is where it was shown that all the network security stuff had been or is in the inactive state. Dll is inactive, registry errors, and a couple of others as well. Another program he ran showed me my IP addresses were tied to Forgien IP addresses. I am not that computer savy to know if it was smoke screen or not

Once again, I highly doubt it. I've never heard of a DLL being "inactive", as there are thousands and thousands of DLLs, and windows would not function without them. also, to check for registry errors, you can download "auslogics registry cleaner" :http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/registry-cleaner/

Brandon Sr

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

Brandon Sr

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
I'm trying the MS Securities Essentials now and will check on the registry one after that. Advise in a few. Thank you in advance for your assistance with this issue.

Run a FULL scan & see if any thing flags or is quarantined. If they contacted you Unsolicited, buyer beware. Are you experiencing an actual problem?

drtoast

Honorable
May 10, 2013
If you allowed them access (actually clicked buttons) to diagnose your pc (you said they ran a search on your pc?) then your pc is probably now breached. If you didnt click any buttons to give them access you should be fine, just scan your pc and keep it detached from the network until your sure.

Brandon Sr

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Want to thank everyone. I ran ms security and it found like 15 things. I ran the registry cleaner and it found thinks but wants me to buy the boost program to fix everything

Really? I've always used that program without adds. You can also try CCleaner, very good program.