Closed

Seasonic Unveils its High-End SS-1200XP3 PSU

The Seasonic SS-1200XP3 features an 80 Plus Platinum certification, a 1200 W capacity and fully modular design.

Seasonic Unveils its High-End SS-1200XP3 PSU : Read more
10 answers Last reply
More about seasonic unveils high end 1200xp3 psu
  1. "50 percent efficiency while under load."

typo?
  2. "We're not entirely sure why Seasonic has continued to advertise the P-Series as only having a single +12V rail."

Maybe it's because they do in fact only have a single +12v rail. I personally own the SeaSonic Platinum Platinum-860 and it says right on its sticker that it has a 71A +12V rail. Even Seasonic's website lists all Platinum PSUs as having single +12v rails; the 400W has 33A, 460W has 38A, 520W has 43A, 660W has 55A, 760W has 63A, 860W has 71A, 1kW has 83A.

There is a good chance that this new model could break the trend though because it is the highest power model yet and having multi +12v rails is nice for that little extra protection.
  3. ...Because what seasonic really needed was even MORE high-quality parts.
    Y'know, because it's not like they already make some of the best power supplies out there.
  4. funguseater said:
    "50 percent efficiency while under load."

typo?

Nah, it is so your 400W build can warm up the room and sound like a 800W one with cooling and power bills to match!
  5. Quote:

Platinum certification that provides 92 percent efficiency at 115 Vac and 50 percent efficiency while under load.

I sure hope not.
  6. I soooo neeed thiiiisss...you know, because I'm like, planning on overclocking an i7-4770K to the max, 2 SSDs in RAID 0 and quad-SLI GTX 790 4 years later. I can actually put this psu under 100% load, so it's a suitable for me because you know, that's always like, the best investment. I mean it's not like I'm running triple monitor setup or anything higher than 1080p, I just can't settle for anything below 200fps, not that I have a 120Hz monitor or the likes, COD just needs that much fps. It's not a problem for me since money is NEVER an issue...Also, any COD IS THE BEST GAME EVAAAAA!!!!
  7. I am sure it is 92% efficiency at 50% load on 115VAC, if you guys did not point it out I would never have noticed :)
  8. All great and dandy, only problem is the very high likelihood of coil whine which Seasonic PSUs are famous for
  9. I got the 760 watt as there is no need for anything higher. Plus psu's run their most efficient at 50% usage so 760 was best place for me to be. I run a single GTX titan and i7-980x x59 chipset. I'll never run multi gpu setup's unless I fall in love with 4k gaming but by that time i expect a single gpu card to be able to smoothly run that res when 4k monitors are sanely priced. Don't see intel ever wowing me enough to upgrade from the i7-980x either. Kinda nice compared to the old days. Barely have to upgrade now.
  10. I got the 760 watt as there is no need for anything higher. Plus psu's run their most efficient at 50% usage so 760 was best place for me to be. I run a single GTX titan and i7-980x x59 chipset. I'll never run multi gpu setup's unless I fall in love with 4k gaming but by that time i expect a single gpu card to be able to smoothly run that res when 4k monitors are sanely priced. Don't see intel ever wowing me enough to upgrade from the i7-980x either. Kinda nice compared to the old days. Barely have to upgrade now.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computex Power Supplies