Is it still worth getting a gaming pc if...

KaaN10

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
If:

- I wont be modding games
- I'll be playing multiplatform games only
- Will only be playing games with native controller support
- Wont be playing multiplayer FPS games because I don't like kb/m

Is it still worth getting one under these conditions, for multiplatform games such as Skyrim.

... Or should I stick to console?

KaaN10

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012

Yep, I don't feel comfortable with kb+m.

Would it be worth getting a gaming pc to play games that support a controller?

Probably not. That said, it only takes a week or 2 before the mouse and kb or better yet, mouse and game pad feel really comfortable. It feels weird because you aren't used to it, not because it doesn't work well.

In your case id still get the PC but mostly for the fact it has some otehr fuctions apart from gaming.
However if it was for gaming ONLY... and with your description... I think console would be better.

I DO THINK you should wait a bit and see how the consoles really work a few weeks after they are out.
Those consoles might have a lot of problems/issues, so it would be better to wait, see, judge, decide rather than decide, buy, see, judge :D.

TechnomaniaczBlog

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

Yea getting a PC aint a great idea anymore, And next gen consoles are blowing the mid range pc out of scene.
Check this out http://technomaniacz.com/2013/10/high-end-gaming-pc-dont-make-sense-anymore/

psychodegu

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011

May I ask why you wouldn't want to mod an elder scrolls game? Light modding is very easy, and there are some very nice and informative youtube channels that have modding guide and installation videos.

I would say get a console for playing games. As the console ages it will still be able to play games that are released for it. However, for PC games it is a different story since new hardware is always being released. New games will have higher system requirements than older games.

For example, if you buy a console and build a gaming PC in 2014, you will find that any console game you buy in 2019 will still play just fine on the console because the game has been designed to run on that specific (old) hardware. Play a 2019 game on a 2014 gaming PC and you will find that lower graphic settings will be necessary to get the game level of performance (FPS) in 2014 games.

This generally isn't the case. It is the case if you have to play at high(est) settings, but if you are fine with medium settings, towards the end, which usually still look better than consoles, then you can go 5 years.

People do it all the time. It is just hard for some people to accept playing at less than max settings, even if they are still better than what you get on consoles. It is a mental block, not a hardware one.