Hard disk not detected in bios

G

I WAS TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS THROUGH FLASH DRIVE.I PREPARED MY USB THROUGH WINTOFLASH.IT WORKED WELL TILL THE PARTITION FORMAT BUT THEN WHILE CHECKING SOURCE DISK CHECKING IT CAME WITH SOME .SIF ERROR.
I ONCE AGAIN FORMATTED MY PEN DRIVE AND PREPARED MY USB THROUGH AN UPGRADED VERSION O WINTOFLASH.BUT THIS WHEN I WAS TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS IN THE CHOOSE PARTITION PAGE IT WAS NOT SHOWING MY HARD DRIVE.THERE WAS JUST ONE PARTITION AND THAT WAS MY PEN DRIVE.
I RESTARTED MY COMPUTER AND CHECKED MY BIOS AND IT ALSO DOES NOT DETECT MY HARDDISK.
HARD DISK [NONE]

IS IT SOME HARDWARE PROBLEM OR I CAN DO SOMETHING WITH RECOVERY CONSOLE.

I HAVE HCL LAPTOP AND I WAS TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION

G

NO I CANT
I WANT TO ASK YOU THAT IF THAT IS SOME SUDDEN HARD DISK PROBLEM OR IS IT RELATED TO THE EVENTS THAT I HAVE DESCRIBED IN THE QUESTION.

For future reference, please don't type in all capital letters. When you say you can't check the drive connections do you mean you can't access the drive from underneath the laptop (usually a laptop has a removable HDD cover underneath that can be removed by removing a couple of screws) or you don't know how to check it? You mentioned a .sif error message, do you have any more details on that message?

toarranre

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Fastest way to find out is to put the new drive in your old computer and see if it can see it. You could also load a small OS like puppy linux on to your pen drive and boot that to see if it picks up the drive.
It may be a problem with PSU MB or HDD.