Monitor Cable help

DannyH

Honorable
May 29, 2013
Alright guys,

I have a bit of a problem, I purchased a Iiyama ProLite G2773HS 120hz monitor which supports DVI-D, HDMI and VGA.

I then have a XFX HD 7970 which supports DVI-I (Dual Link) and Mini DisplayPort.

The problem I'm having is finding a cable which will go from my GPU to my Monitor to support 120hz, I'm currently using a DVI-D Dual Link cable but it is not displaying 120hz because my GPU needs a DVI-I cable instead.

I basically need a cable that connects into my GPU through DVI-I and on the other end is a DVI-D.

I'm at a lost end looking through adapters, extensions and such!

Solution
This monitor ships with DVI-D cable that allows you to use 120Hz refresh rate.
It should not matter if the cable is DVI-I or DVI-D as long as it is dual link.
It doesn't matter that your card has DVI-I port, because DVI-D connector is compatible with it.

Bejusek

Distinguished
This monitor ships with DVI-D cable that allows you to use 120Hz refresh rate.
It should not matter if the cable is DVI-I or DVI-D as long as it is dual link.
It doesn't matter that your card has DVI-I port, because DVI-D connector is compatible with it.

Solution

Bejusek

Distinguished
It should work. Seller wrote: Dual link digital signaling allows for high speed transmission up to 9.9 Gbps. If that's true than this is enough for 1080p@120Hz. Looking at its price I think it may be too sh*tty for the task. Look for a cable that is advertised to work at 2560x1600@60Hz or 1920x1200@120Hz.

DannyH

Honorable
May 29, 2013
An update on this: I purchased a cable in which a person said he uses it for his 120hz monitor and works fine, I received it this morning and it did not work.

I also purchased a Mini DP to DVI-D Dual Link cable in which the description said that it supports 120hz, once again the monitor only gave me an option to use 60Hz.

My CCC (I use a XFX HD7970) says that my maximum refresh rate reported is 75Hz, I'm at a loss now, it surely can't be the cable as I've tried four (Spending nearly £40 on cables!) so this leaves either the graphics card or the monitor (Apparently this is refurbished and had to be fixed with new parts to make it operational, hence the cheap price I paid for it).

Any help at all or should I just RMA the monitor?

Bejusek

Distinguished
Flip this switch and see if that helps. Use dvi-dvi cable.
600x315px-LL-b771feb3_asushd7970dcuii.jpeg