Lenovo Opens its First Manufacturing Line in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
it is funny how US products went from "Designed and Made in USA" to "Designed in USA and Assembled in China" to "Made in China" to "Designed in China and Assembled in USA"....

BuyDirectUSA

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013
Lenovo is owned in part by the PRC last time I checked. Headline should read: The Peoples Republic of China & Lenovo sets up its first assembly plant in NC. The components are made in China, shipped to NC and put together there. Are we so desperate for jobs now that we are willing to allow US citizens work in part with the PRC?

BuyDirectUSA

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013
Lenovo is owned in part by the PRC last time I checked. Headline should read: The Peoples Republic of China & Lenovo sets up its first assembly plant in NC. The components are made in China, shipped to NC and put together there. Are we so desperate for jobs now that we are willing to allow US citizens work in part with the PRC?

BuyDirectUSA

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013

xkm1948

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
I wonder how many green card did they offer to the relatives of Lenovo's communist managers. Chinese buying themselves into US while US companies keep outsourcing all the jobs to China. Lovely.

xkm1948

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007

Nah. The Chinese are just trying to find a legal way to smuggle their offsprings into US. I heard those rich chinese communist officials LOVE western style of life. :D

andre_888

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
@xkm1948

It doesn't sound like you have many friends... 1 in 7 on this planet are Chinese. Things are much brighter in China than they are here in North America.

G

Glad to see Lenovo beating Apple to the punch on American manufacturing of some of their products. In the end Apple is a nice company world wide and Lenovo has a far greater sales reach in raw numbers of units sold. Its nice to see both Apple and Lenovo doing more in America. Since Apple has its majority of sales with US customers. It wold be nice if they could bring far more of that home to its manufacturing in the US. I still consider Apple a tax dodger and maybe their products are designed in the US. The majority of their products will still be made in China. Mch of what we are seeing in Lenovo, Apple and the rest is a marketing oportunity to make consumers think they are buying American.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Kind of sad when you see foreign companies dumping massive amounts of money into the US when our own home grown companies are leaving. Don't get me wrong I like seeing companies like Samsung and Lenovo creating jobs and investing billions of dollars into local economies especially since US companies won't. A lot of it has to do with import duties, it's cheaper to ship the individual components here and assemble the final product than ship the final product here. Just look at car companies, Toyota, Subaru and Hyundai all have plants here because it's cheaper to ship the parts than the whole car, same goes for tech companies. And most Americans are just happy to have a job, I'm lucky to live in one of the few states that's doing well economically and companies are hiring. Most states are not doing so well and people need jobs, 115 people can support themselves and their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.