Minecraft low fps

Baker Editing

Honorable
May 25, 2013
My minecraft has been getting lower and lower fps by every time i play i used to get 700fps but know i get 30 fps. I checked everything and its doing okay but i checked software where it showed my hard drive and is not working correctly and it said to be caution i dont know if that is the problem please help.

GPU: Gtx 580 hydro copper 2

HDD: WD 1000Gb

Well I dont see why you are complaining about 30 fps, thats still acceptable for gaming, especially because 700 fps is actually impossible to accomplish, let alone for the human eye to see. If you need to boost your fps for MC specifically you can install optifine.

Baker Editing

Honorable
May 25, 2013

Im getting around 100 to 200 fps without optifine now, but everytime i record i get bad fps should i buy a new HDD just for recording??

start by running a few different anti-malware programs, run spybot S&D full scan, malwarebytes full scan, defrag your hard drive, uninstall any programs you don't use, run a full hdd scan for bad sectors. there is a good start.

4slime

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
Kind of the wrong section... Minecraft is CPU intensive, not GPU intensive (well, as much.) I suggest posting your specs, if you have, I can't see them because the see whole button and stuff doesn't work on i devices. Anyways, if you are recording - I suggest recording to another drive, whether it be SSD,HDD or external - it doesn't matter. It will boost FPS. Another idea is to allocate more RAM. This is simple stuff. Hope this helps!

Baker Editing

Honorable
May 25, 2013

I have Intel Core I7-2600k 3.4GHz, and i have 8Gb of ram corsair revenge.

4slime

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013

Use DxTory because it has the lowest FPS loss during recording. You PC seems pretty good to be getting those high FPS amounts.

Baker Editing

Honorable
May 25, 2013

But i want to keep the 60fps for the whole game but it goes up and down when i record.

4slime

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013

Then try recording to another drive. Pass me your specs and I will see what you might be able to do....

Baker Editing

Honorable
May 25, 2013

GPU: Gtx 580 hydro copper 2

HDD: WD 1000Gb

Ram: 8GB Corsair Revenge

CPU: Intel Core I7-2600k 3.4Ghz

Thats all if you need more tell me.

4slime

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013

Okay, so you have one hard drive, eight gigs of RAM and a pretty good core. (I don't count graphics cards much - they aren't that important to minecraft.) Have you tried allocating more memory and recording to a second drive? (External, internal. Doesn't really matter.) I find this help me the most.

paddyboy

Honorable
May 31, 2013
As someone else said,minecraft is cpu intensive not gpu,also if your minecraft world is not huge (been playing for ages and the world size is too big for the amount of ram you have) then i would look into getting a vanilla minecraft install with optifine as a base line to see what it runs like,if it's still the same in terms of performance then run that new build off of a usb dongle (yes usb dongle) i can run minecraft from a 4gb dongle and the performance is the same,i get about 90fps and a constant 60fps with vsync enabled.

if a new build doesn't run right but runs right off of the dongle your hard drive may need defrag/format and a fresh windows install,if it's all still not running good then still defrag and format and install windows again,you will need to do this to limit the things that could be wrong,usually i have noticed on laptops that begin to overheat,minecraft is one of the first games to get slower and slower and stutter,check your cpu first before anything else i mentioned,check your fan,i would repaste your cpu and give it a clean out while you are at it,you might see a huge improvement right away.