ssssss ssssss sssss ssssss

Wolfshadw

Titan
In the world of SLI/Crossfire, you need to remember that the VRAM of multiple cards is not cumulative. Three 2GB graphics cards in Tri-SLI will still only net you 2GB of VRAM. However, you're forgetting that since Windows Vista, a Windows operating system will dynamically allocate available system memory to shore up any deficiencies your graphic solution may encounter (TurboCache for NVidia and HyperMemory for AMD).

-Wolf sends

G

Yes I know that the vram of 2 or more gpu's is not cumulative, and that's exactly why I'm asking this.
I'd like to know if 2 680s both of 2GB can manage to run at max settings a game that in a future requires more than 2GB of VRAM, maybe 2,5 or 3GB. or is really needed a card with 3GB in its pcb like the 780.

sourodip

Distinguished
the VRAM doesn't always matter,first of all i'd like to ask you that do u have a gtx 680?if not,get two gtx770's in SLI as it is a new generation card and is better than the gtx680 with better cooling.the VRAM's come into play at higher resolutions in games like Skyrim(at >1920x1080).When u put the 770's or 680's in SLI their VRAM gets shared and it will obviously help u........

if a game uses more than your video cards vram, you can still run it. Although then it spills over into much slower system memory which slows things down significantly. The biggest user of vram is textures, so lowering your textures down from the maximum will help, and you can still keep other details up high. AA and high resolution displays can also increase vram useage quite a bit. If your buying a high end card like a 680, 770 or 780, I would recommend the 4gb models for a little future proofing. New consoles will have a lot of ram, so you can expect large, high res textures to be in upcoming games.