Need help with $600 gaming rig

ianchessure

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
Hey there, forum. I'm a computer novice from Malaysia. I've been researching parts and builds for the past 4 months, give and take a few. I need an opinion on various components here before I make my purchase. I intend on playing on a 32-inch LED TV with a resolution of 1366 x 768. My choice of video games would be such as Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Far Cry 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown and maybe a little bit of Warframe and Blacklight Retribution.

These are the parts I've chosen:
CPU: Intel Pentium G860
COOLER: Cooler Master X Dream i117 (19dBA)
MOBO: ASRock B75M-ITX
RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600Mhz CL9
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD7850 1GB DDR5
HDD: Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM
CASE: Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced ITX Case
PSU: FSP Hexa 500W

Now my main concern is:
1. Will the X Dream i117 be able to fit into the Elite 120? I chose this because I want to avoid the noise from the Intel stock cooler and I heard I can get somewhat better temps with this.
2. Will the GPU be capable enough to play any of the mentioned games at High settings? Or at least Medium settings so to speak without dropping below 40FPS.
3. I couldn't afford a semi-modular PSU, so I settled for the FSP Hexa. However I am open to suggestions should there be alternatives (I just don't want the thing to blow up)

I haven't any upgrade plans with this, just going to use it till its reached its limit and probably start on my enthusiast build which I will be saving up for the next 3 - 4 years. In any case, any input is greatly appreciated. Because I'll be building two of these (one for me and the other one for the missus)

Thanks forum!

PlanarX999

Honorable
May 20, 2013
Recommend i3 3210,
alternative for more higher-end:
Bitfenix Prodigy,(cooler master one is good, value)
Corsair CX500, for the value for bronze, FSP Hexa also good but bronze much better
Anything is good.
Cooler is needless,
Advice you going with pre-buit pc like alienware X51, coming with i7 3770 for less rather than you build yourself, only if you not live in Peninsular Malaysia.

ianchessure

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013

I noticed the Prodigy and I know air flow is significantly better with that case. Its huge though. Might consider it if my budget expands.

As I have mentioned earlier, the cooler IS necessary because I find the stock Intel cooler a tad noisy under load. And I don't see why I need an i7 3770 for gaming considering that it; 1) doesn't help much more than it needs to, and 2) its a $600 budget build. Furthermore, the Alienware X51 is exorbitantly priced in my opinion, I can't see why anyone would buy that piece of tin when they could do better with the same budget.

PlanarX999

Honorable
May 20, 2013
Yes, now i see, you just merely a budget gamer. No need more than i3. Indeed. Prodigy seem to be a bit pricey, but the aesthetic look and big space worth for all you paid.
Ok, the cooler you have selected will suit you well if you want it.

TRENDING THREADS