Can I use programs on my HDD while im on my SSD (if yes, how?).

Qumbo

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
I recently got an SSD however I have now filled it with files and some files didn't fit on the SSD however I do have a quite large HDD, so my question is can I use any programs located on the HDD while on my SSD? Because when I try to run most programs it just says that a file is missing or something like that (my guess is because it can't find it since it's located on the HDD and not on the SSD).

PresidentSwag

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
If you have an ssd plugged in with windows on it, and you have your hdd also plugged in, you can simply install whatever you wish onto the hdd and run it while on windows from your ssd. It's just a matter of choosing the destination to install. You are probably getting the message "file is missing" because you did not install to the hdd, but simply dragged over the program's files.

Qumbo

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013

So I can't use pre-existing files from the HDD then (seeing as I had my HDD before I acquired my SSD, and therefor it would be a pain to redownload all files)? So the only solution is to redownload all my files but on my SSD to my HDD, or is there no way to simply make them accessible directly? I'm sorry if I were a bit vague in my first question.

PresidentSwag

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
What you can do is verify your files. Some programs/games offer file verification which scans your hdd for all program content, and installs it onto the operating system.

TRENDING THREADS