Anyone with a GA-Z77-D3H mobo having problems?

jrmurph3

Honorable
May 5, 2012
After updating BIOS to the F18 version, I experienced my mouse and keyboard to become active quicker at bootup and coming out of sleep. Before I had to wait a minute or so for my mouse and keyboard to initiate out of sleep and at bootup they wouldn't start until windows was loading. Now, they both start up at the splash screen allowing me to access BIOS with my G510 keyboard.

Something else I experienced was now when I shutdown my PC the lights and fans on the case don't turn off or stop spinning making me think that windows is still trying to fully shutdown(this does not happen all the time). When rebooting, I get this buzzing sound just before the POST beep and the buzz is suspected to come from the sound emitter for the POST beep.

Anyone else with this MOBO having the same issues or have any idea on what's going on with the buzzing?

Some systems run the fans for a while after shutdown to cool off the electronics. When power is off the temps rise briefly with no fans. This could be what is going on with your system. Maybe something to do with your MB power settings?

jrmurph3

Honorable
May 5, 2012

Something I'll look into. This just started after updating BIOS. I doubt it though. I left and came back home approximately 12 hours after shutting the system down. No reason for the machine to have fans blowing with it being 68 degrees in the house.