cpu warnin when playing rift

backdrop001

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2012
Hey guys the last few days my cpu seems be going hot when playing rift, I had replaced the cpu fan a few months ago just a normal stock fan I don't over clock. The last couple of days I've gotten warnings while playing the my cpu was at 86 c, the minute I close the game it goes down.

I have I7 3770
8gb ram
Geforce GT 545

its work fine but the last few days its been getting louder and then I got the warning.

backdrop001

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2012
I was thinking of getting the cooler master hyper tx3 , I had posted awhile back but hadn't gotten it yet didn't think there was any rush but then the last couple of days the over heating started.

when I got a replacement stock fan a few months ago I had put on thermal paste does it run out that fast?

Most thermal compounds will easily last a year without becoming inefficient, it may be that the HSF has become loose, you may want to check the mounting. A CM TX3 with good mounting should be a vast improvement over the stock HSF

backdrop001

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2012
well everything looks like it in working order and I put new thermal paste in but still going hot. It went to 90c when I just tried to play its never gone that hot before. Once I closed the game it when to 49c

TRENDING THREADS