Cpu fan not working though everything boots

FatherSun

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
Hey everyone, while building my first pc a few days ago, coming to Tom's hardware forums became essential as I ran into wall after wall with anything from plugging into the gpu rather than the on-board VGA to booting windows from a USB, this place helped immensely!

However, I've come across two problems now, one of them being very major and the other not so much and after trying things I read on other topics here, still havent been able to come to a solution, so I figured I'd ask for consultation.

-A few days ago I built this:
/Motherboard--MSI Z77A-G41
/Processor--Core i5 3570K
/Memory--Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3
/Graphics--EVGA GeForce GTX 650
/Hard Drive--Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500GB
/Power Supply--Rosewill RD500-2DB 500W
/OS--Windows 7 Home Premium x64bit

Guess I should note first that the CPU fan has never once moved in the 2-3 days i've had this set up. Though all the other case fans, PSU and GPU fans work. I figured maybe it only turned on when it was really working it, what did I know? Since then I've tried pushing After Effects rendering capabilities and very minimal games like Team Fortress 2 on max settings and both times it will very quickly shut off and cut back on. I've since plugged the CPU fan into other SYSFAN ports but to no avail. I've tried to adjust the speed in BIOS and still nothing. Do I need to return this or is there anything that can be done?

Second problem and far less of a big deal is that my GPU is being detected, as noted before I'm running my monitor out of it, and the drivers are up to date but Nvidia comes with this software Geforce Experience that are suppose to optimize the drive for gaming, that software tells me my system requirements meet it's own however isn't detecting my gpu at all and says this is the only thing I'm missing to join into this. If this can be answered it be nice but my priority is of course more towards the first problem. Hope someone can help, thank you everyone.

FatherSun

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
solved: the cpu's own wires were blocking the fan a bit based on how they were wrapped around it (for ease of organizing wires) lol so nothing was wrong with it