Deciding between multiple mobos and cpus!!! Need help

icomatose

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Hey guys! My old rig is starting to fell apart so I decided to upgrade it..
Since it still runs on ddr2 I had to change pretty much everything in it haha

However my question is mostly about mobos and cpus...There are some bundles that are on sale right now and they sound pretty interesting.. I've narrowed it down quite a bit and I kinda need help in which one to pick. :)

Here are the bundles:

Core™ i5-3570K Processor Bundle w/ Asus P8Z77-V LK Motherboard....320$
Core™ i5-4570 Processor Bundle w/ MSI Z87-G43 Motherboard............330$
Core™ i5-4570 Processor Bundle w/ Asus Z87-A Motherboard...............350$
Core™ i5-4670 Processor Bundle w/ Asus Z87-A Motherboard...............370$
Core™ i5-4670K Processor Bundle w/ Asus Z87-A Motherboard.............390$
Core™ i5-4670K Processor Bundle w/ MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard...........400$
Core™ i5-4670K Processor Bundle w/ Asus Z87-Plus Motherboard.........419$

For the K series, I wasn't planning on overclocking them at first (maybe for the first year or so).

Thank You for your help guys in advance

EDIT: Oh silly me I've completely forgot..I should use this computer for gaming, I do some video editing sometimes, will use for school, internet surfing, I'm a big music fan as well but they have all similar soundcards.

EDIT2: By the way, I do know that the last 2 are the best ones, but are they really worth the extra money and is it overkill ? or will the 4570, Asus z87 A (for example) do the trick perfectly fine ?

Thanks for your help guys :)
Oh and do you think a 550W PSU would be enough ?
I have a 650TI plus a SSD and a Hard Drive of 500Gb

I dont seem to be able to change my thread to a question thread instead of a discussion, so if a mod could change it I would appreciate it :)
I'm sure the ones who helped me would as well

sourodip

Distinguished
"Core™ i5-4670K Processor Bundle w/ MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard" would be the best and by the way for the " Asus Z87-A" mobo,it does not support 4th gen. processors as it has LGA1155 socket

icomatose

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

Asus Z87-A is a 4th gen mobo
Not to get confused with the Z77
''The Intel® Z87 Express Chipset is a single-chipset design that supports socket LGA1150 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors.''

sourodip

Distinguished
oops sry sry sry i got confused with the z77 mobo(thanks icomatose).However,the MSI one would better for gaming purpose as it has 3 pci-e slots running at x8/x8/x4 whereas the asus has two x16/x4 which would result in a much worse sli/x-fire performance and therefore u would be more future proofed with the msi one

icomatose

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

Z87 have LGA1150 sockets not 1155, Z77 however do have 1155 sockets

This is from their own website:
Intel® Socket 1150 for 4th Generation Core™ i7/Core™ i5/Core™ i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors

Lord_Kitty

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Buy an unlocked CPU. Its gives you the possibility to overclock when you feel there is a need to. This way, you can squeeze more performance on it and use it for more time before needing an upgrade compared to a non-K CPU.

As for the mobo, personally, I would recommend to not spend too much in a motherboard just for extra useless features. I haven't research too much on those, but they are all reliable platforms and they all seem to have about the same features.

Also, the if you want to have a high audio quality, you better look at dedicated sound card. There are much better, especially if you have high quality speakers. (I see the Z87-G45 some improvements in audio compared to the usual stuff. It seems to be just marketing to me, but you might look into it.)

icomatose

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
ya the G45 has better audio but the difference is really minor so a dedicated soundcard is what I was thinking about eventually.
What mobo would you consider or recommend then ? Caus I still have to be careful so I dont get bottleneck by the mobo like I am right now.

sourodip

Distinguished
it is also good,but if the Haswell is in your budget then you should go with it and not with the sandy bridge,otherwise if u want to save some money then get the sandy bridge(i5-3570k) and the z77,it is also a very good processor and mobo

Lord_Kitty

Honorable
May 31, 2013
The MSI Z87-G45 seems to be better, but then, both are excellent boards from very reliable manufacturers. You could go with the MSI for a bit more bling to your case. And everyone seems to be recommending it.

If you are going Ivy, then you might look into the ASRock Z77 Extreme4.

icomatose

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Yes that is very true, everyone seem to recommend the MSI over the Asus.

I guess it all comes down to how much money I want to spend haha. The 3570k bundle is definitely the best bang for the buck, however the 4670K is probably more future proof and should have a easier time finding upgrades or replacing pieces.