Looking To Upgrade Current Gaming PC And Asking For Advice

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to do some upgrades to my gaming PC that I built about 2 years ago.

The PC is pretty much only used to play games. I mainly play games like Rift, GW2, Borderlands 2, BF3, and Skyrim.

My budget is about $500-$600 for the upgrades and I would be looking to purchase the parts in the next couple of weeks.

I want to upgrade to a SSD and I am looking at the Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB or Samsung 840 Series 128GB or 250GB.

After that I was interested in what other's thought I should do get a few more years out of my PC and maybe improve my fps at the higher settings on some games and maybe some point down the road add a second monitor.

Below is my current build.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme4 B3 Intel P67
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Storage: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
Optical Drive: LG Blu-ray Burner, 3D Play Back (WH14NS40)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
Power Supply: Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Monitor: ASUS VH238H 23-Inch 1080P LED Monitor

Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about upgrade current gaming advice
  1. The main thing that is going to be holding you back (Besides not having an ssd) would be your graphics card, I would recommend after buying the ssd, looking into a new gpu or crossfiring your existing one.
  2. Gam3r01 said:
    The main thing that is going to be holding you back (Besides not having an ssd) would be your graphics card, I would recommend after buying the ssd, looking into a new gpu or crossfiring your existing one.

Thanks for the response. I am planning on upgrading to a Samsung 840 128GB SSD and adding a GTX 770 GPU also based on the feedback I received.
  3. That sounds like a good upgrade, you might have to upgrade the psu, but that will last you for a few years.
Ask a new question