i5-3570k and Hyper 212+ Temps

CCardinals5

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
I recently overclocked my CPU to 4.0 GHZ, something the 3570k is certainly capable of, and my temps are reaching 68C under load. I've seen them much lower at 4.0. I just put the 212 in today, so I think I may have done it wrong. Any advice?

I have the MSI Commander Snow edition case with plenty of fans installed too, thought I should edit that in.

King Hackintosh

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2013
Hmm... That does seem a bit high for that the CPU. Did you apply the thermal paste correctly (there should be a thin layer covering the entire processor). Also, what is your idle temp?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
68 under load with what - Prime95? Not bad at at all, also keep in mind once your thermal compound cures - with most I give it a couple /three days minimum before loading things up, temps will run 2-4 or so degrees lower

CCardinals5

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
I did have trouble with the paste, maybe I used too much? I cleaned the crap from the stock intel heatsink off properly, then applied what cooler master included. I did not use the whole tube, and it still was a lot.

And no, not Prime95, just BF3 for couple hours. I don't want to break it without knowing what I am doing. My idle is about 40C, which is high(?).

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Maybe a little, depends where you are, temps in the room, humidity, a lot of factors, once the thermal cures might see it drop from say 40 down to 36ish, regardless your a safe temp, just monitor it, I often have clients just pop open Core Temp and leave it up if the get worried