Installing GTX 780 to Pegatron IPISB-CH2 motherboard

Bingo Fent

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Hi guys,
I recently bought an EVGA GTX 780 for use with my HP Pavilion HPE h8-270ea.
I thought it wouldn't be problem to install, as my GTX 560 works fine, but when I turned my PC on after installing, it gets as far as the first HP logo (saying "press ESC to enter Startup menu"), but no further, and my keyboard doesn't respond.

I contacted the store I bought it from, they said it's a BIOS update required - which might not even be possible on my machine - or it's just incompatible.

I contacted HP, and they pretty much guaranteed it'd work, but I need a bigger power supply (currently using 750W). Before I get yet another power supply (I only bought the 750W a couple of months ago), I just wanted to ask if this card is even compatible with my motherboard?

I'm a total novice with this sort of thing, so excuse me if I've been totally stupid here.

Computer specs:
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1270ea
Intel Core i7 3.4GHz processor
Pegatron IPISB-CH2 Motherboard
BIOS version/date: AMI 7.13 05/01/12
2gb Seagate HDD
8Gb RAM

DjDafiDak

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
iam runing an evga gtx 780 with a 620watt power supply, and you can even get away with a good 500watt power supply.
but what power supply are you using? write the model, if its sh!t, that might be the problem.

besides that, ur motherboard should work with a 780.
have you connected the power cables? both the six pin one and the 8 pin one? have you removed all the drivers from your pc before connecting your 780?

Bingo Fent

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

Hi, thanks for replying man.
Power supply is an Akasa VenomPower 750W.
I think the model is AK-PA075AM01-UK.

I had uninstalled all previous graphics drivers, and the card was seated correctly with both 6 pin and 8 pin connected to the card.

bloodyCZ

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
The same problem with GIGABYTE N770OC-2GD. Answer from HP is" No support for this card. You will have to chose gr. card from HP supported cards." I did have to change MB to GIGABYTE Z77M-DH. Caution, you probably need new CPU cooling fan, fan from IPISB-CH2 is attached with screws. Not compatibile with other MB, with four holes for attaching the cooling fan.
Sorry for my English.

TRENDING THREADS