I have 2 Graphics cards and one isnt working?

exogram25

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
I have 2 AMD Radeon 6990's (Yes I do have 2 I checked physically in the case) and one of them is not working for some reason? I have CrossfireX disabled right now because i use 2 monitors and basically If I enabled Crossfire My 2nd monitor is not even detected? and it just goes black but my main works fine I also am using GPU-z and it shows that the main card is pretty much always burning up and the second card stays at 55 C because of how hard the other card actually is... I dont understand it... Please help me on what Crossfire does and why I literally I have each monitor plugged into both cards and somehow they are both working through one card? and only work with crossfire disabled?

exogram25

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
I also noticed that when I play a Game on the main monitor the Core clock / memory clock goes up on the first card a ton but still doesnt move on the second card? whats going on

exogram25

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Yes Now that ive done it cookybiscuit the load is being shared at least a tiny bit but i want it to be share almost equally the GPU load is completely unbalanced and second card has not changed clock speeds at all and is still taking like 3% of the gpu load