- RMA to asus and got a replacement motherboard
- Tossed a CPU led on startup
- RMA processor to Intel for a brand new one
- MOtherboard mem led illuminates and wont post
- MemOK button used to get into bios, tried all settings get OVERCLOCK FAILED
- Asus sent out a replacement bios chip
- No effect

Factors:
- Computer has been running since June of 2011 with no issues.
- Tested Powersupply and its OK
- Tested Memory in a completely different system and its OK
- Asus is trying to tell me that my memory is not supported now

This has been the worst experience in my computer lifetime. Dealing with ASUS is 50/50 if you get someone that knows what they are talking about or if you get someone that doesnt know how to put gas in their car. SOOOOO pissed cause im back and forth with RMA's through this company. Anyone have anything similar or other suggestions?

Thanks,
Chuck

SYSTEM:
CPU: Core I7-2600K
MB: Asus P8P67 EVO B3, Bios 3602
MEM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4) DDR3 1600
PS: Corsair HX750 watt modular pow supply
Graphics: Radeon HD6950 2GB
HD: OCZ Agility 60GB (Boot Drive)
Western Digital 1TB BLACK 7200RPM Sata6

Some possible causes:
-faulty motherboard
-bent CPU socket pins
-motherboard shorted
What I would try: take the board outside the case, reseat the CPU and inspect the CPU socket (use a magnifying glass or take a high res picture), install the stock CPU cooler, clear the CMOS (with the power cord unplugged, remove the CMOS battery for few minutes), insert single RAM module and start the board (outside the case).
If still the same, insert the RAM module in different slot. Test each RAM module.
If still the same, test the motherboard at a local shop.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Did you update BIOS around the time the problems started? or later after problems had begun? Is your DRAM from a single set (single package), if yes was/is it under XMP? What particular set or sets of DRAM (model #s), if you can post the timings both base and advanced along with system voltages, I'd be happy to take a look..Thinking it's possible a power spike could have thrown the correct timings, if Asus had you update the BIOS afterward, it may be not setting right w/ XMP and/or Auto is off

tangeray

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B

timings: 9-9-9-24
Cas Latency: 9
Voltage: 1.5V

Ive tried all the above solutions with one stick at a time, resetting CPU, stock cooler installed. Same results. The bios I was using was 1502 on the original, their replacement board came with 1502 and still didnt work. Updated bios to 3602, still same problems. Their replacement Bios chip they sent me was 3602, still same problems.

As for the bios settings, Ive tried Auto, XMP, and manually enterring in the data for the RAM. Still same results. I tried running in ASUS optimized defaults, Still same results. I tried running the ram at the 1333mhz safe mode, still same results. LIke I said, this configuration has worked flawlessly for about 2 years now and when the motherboard took a dive, it wont turn on now. Ive tested the ram sticks in a different system and they all work.

My gut tells me its the motherboard southbridge. If that is the case, Dealing with ASUS again on this is a pain in the ass. They care not for how long my system has been down, Day 27 by the way. If I was in their tech support, I would ship a new motherboard with new chipset out after the 1st one didnt fix the problem. Maybe even an upgrade for all the trouble.

P.S. Is there something funky with this board, bios version, and memory config that I need to adjust to make run correctly? Keep in mind, I never had to mess with this at all when I built the system 2 years ago. It was all plug and play, enable XMP, good to go.

Thanks,
Chuck

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Try putting the sticks in the suggested slots, go into BIOS and enable XMP, boot, go back into BIOS and let me know what the timings are, both base and advanced, the COMMAND RATE (should be 2T or 2N), the DRAM voltage and the system voltage VCCSA, PLL, VCCIO - basically all of them and we'll see if we can get this puppy behaving

tangeray

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
If I select XMP in the bios, save and reset. It wont boot and I have to boot with MEMOK light and it tosses an overclock fail error. I'll post the timings set as soon as I get a chance for the normal boot.

Chuck

TRENDING THREADS