• MSI Z87 MPOWER Max

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asus Maximus VI hero

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Dman8846

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
I'm planing on getting almost and entirely new setup and really can't make up my mind on many of the components. After days of trying to find what motherboard I wanted I have (again) narrowed it down to two choices-

MSI Z87 MPOWER Max or Asus Maximus VI hero

These boards both have good features but I don't know which one to get. I know you can't directly compare these two products but I just need the communties opinion on what to get. I will be using an i7-4770k and 16 gigs of ram with this. Right now price doesn't exactly play a factor in deciding which of these two boards to get. I honestly don't think I'll be overclocking the cpu or MOBO itself too much so take that into consideration. The three main things I want from this Mobo is for it to be SLI/CFX compatible, have a user friendly interface so I know what the hell I'm doing when OC'ing it and have it be reliable and good for gaming. Thanks!

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
We've got a comprehensive UEFI guide on the ROG boards as well as a dedicated support forum (ROG Forums) for help on overclocking and support. Not sure that helps, just sticking to something that might interest you rather than marketing spiel.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

--------------------------

+1 Agree - if nothing there between Asus and the Rock then on to GigaByte, I also won't touch MSI

Dman8846

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013

Sorry I deleted my last question. I've been looking around (again) and found two more boards from asus and gigabyte. Basically the battle is know between the Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard or the Gigabyte g1. Sniper 5 motherboard. None of the features significantly stand out to me on these boards(besides the wifi and onboard sound quality of the sniper 5)but there is on factor that is holding me from getting one or the other. It is the amount of gpu's you can put on it. The asus can only have two cards while the sniper 5 can take up two four. The only reason this matter to me is because of that "what if" situation were I win another card or I have more money left over to get a new one. Do you think it's worth it or is it something I shouldn't focus on too much. Sorry for the late reply and complete 180 turn on the topic. Thanks!

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
No problem, don't worry about it....There's always that what if factor, if you are a serious gamer, then I'd go Sniper, never know might hit it in a poker game, and most gamers want to go to the nth degree, so the expansion opening is there... Go with your gut, you'll be happy with either I think (the lime green may take a bit to get used to ;) )

Dman8846

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013

Ok. I think it might be worth spending the extra money on the sniper 5. My last question is if that is the best MOBO for that price range because I want to get my money's worth. I mainly focus on gaming features not overclocking one so keep that in mind. I have taken a look at boards like the Maximus vi extreme too but that doesn't seem like the best one for me though. If you could recommend a better one or at least an alternative that would be great. Thanks!

Dman8846

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013

That's true but it supports 4 way SLI/CFX while the sabertooth does not.I'll take a look at them though.Thanks

Dman8846

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013

I think I am going to stick with the Sniper 5 because it does have some features that would help gaming wise. Most other boards are made for oc'ing which I am not planning to do too much of. Thanks for everyone's support and feedback. My question has been answered.