Upgrading from my Ge Force 430 gt - to Gaming

Phester

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
First of all I apologise in advance for my spelling/writing. And thank anyone in advance for any help given.

Computer Details 1st:

Windows Vista (32bit) (2g ram)
Pentium 4: 3.2ghz
Graphics Card: GeForce 430 GT
115 watts power supply I think (It says in brackets continuous watt output shall not exceed 250 watts)

I bought my geforce from a uk high street store to play a popular mmo - can't remember when. I have been recently asked back to the game by a friend. I want to raid, but I am pretty sure my card cannot take it. I am running low settings with mop and its...below expectations at this current time when in a raid group. I can't raid again with the problems I had.

My latency is fine.

I checked my card against one I am thinking of getting: Radeon 7770

I used hwcompare.

Also got told about a Geforce 630 gt when speaking to a friend? Not to sure on that.

It looks good to me, but what do I know. Is there a better one than the one I linked for £50-100?

Now, I can see a problem of my whole system being old. But I can't afford to upgrade it all at this current time. I would like a card that runs popular mmo on Ultra with great fps, but with my price/system that's very doubtful.

A Card that runs it at a decent settings would be nice.

I will be checking the thread, so any questions will try to answer as soon as I can.

Hope you all have a good day/evening.

haider95

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
That card is the king of that price range but bro you'll be wasting money. I own a core 2 duo 2.4Ghz and im scared of being bottlenecked by my CPU if i bought that card.. Heck i'm even bottlenecked by my CPU even though i have a crappy 9600GSO which is just a bit faster than your card. Go to the CEX website ( Uk.webuy.com ) Computing tab> Processors> on the right side click on AMD or Intel processors> then click on refine search refine by store> Add your city name> then click show results. I've been buying used processors from CEX and they've all been okay. I'm currently planning on buying a Phenom IIx4 955 which they have on for only 65 quid.

TLDR: Get a new CPU MOBO RAM before you spend anything else on that PC.

haider95

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Look man.. i know its hard having to wait. just listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5zLkEmmUOQ and imagine after all that wait you'll be playing far cry 3 and modern games with a good amount of fps. if you play games at 1280x1024 it puts pressure on your CPU and not nearly as much as your GPU and trust me there was a time i had that same CPU. Do NOT get the HD7770 just yet. Get a better processor + DDR3 RAM+ New mobo. like this deal that dabs have on right now.. 110 quid for a G2020 ivy bridge dual core and 4GB of ram
http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-p8h61-mx-r2-0--intel-pdc-g2020---4gb-xms3-value-bundle-8JHP.html?src=3
or if you can spare 50 quid more get this
http://www.dabs.com/products/gigabyte-pre-assembled-premium-bundle--includes-h61ma-d2v--intel-core-i3-2120-and-4gb-xms3-memory--8HJD.html?src=3
But please do not bottleneck your system. Get one of these deals and you will not regret it