• Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • EVGA GTX 770 ACX

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

J31

Honorable
May 15, 2013

But it has lower clock speeds than both of them for the same price & VRAM? Are you sure?

A pair of reviews from the same review site for a side-by-side comparison:
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/evga_geforce_gtx_770_sc_review,1.html
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_770_windforce_review,1.html

Load Temps
EVGA: 69c
Gigabyte: 67c

Noise
EVGA: 40 DBa
Gigabyte: 39 DBa

OC (core/boost clock/memory)
EVGA: 1181/1280/7560
Gigabyte: 1247/1280-1306/7560

Conclusion: It is not worth it to pay extra for the EVGA card. Performance in benchmarks is nearly identical. The Gigabyte card is the slightly better option in terms of heat, noise, and overclocking.

Keep in mind the Gigabyte is also 1" longer than the EVGA card. Make sure your case has room.

The EVGA ACX models are 10" long. The Windforce is 11" long. (So says specs @ NewEgg.com anyhow)

If you look at the data matto17secs provided... keeping in mind the EVGA is neck and neck temp and noise wise... yet only has 2 fans versus 3. So which one wins on technical superiority? ;) I guess it doesn't matter if you don't care. Personally I got the EVGA GTX 770 Superclock ACX model for $419 @ NewEgg.com. You can get the regular clocked ACX model for $409.

That NCIX site shows EVGA model is 111mm x 266.7mm & Gigabyte is 129mm x 292mm.

Do you simply post that exact phrase in every thread you comment on? LOL You link to that specific card @ Amazon in virtually every thread I've seen you in today.

J31

Honorable
May 15, 2013

I think he may be trolling. I think he's trying to provide the worst card he can find that is still believable to tempt people into making a misinformed purchase. Apologies if I am pointing the finger here. @everyone else, thank you for your replies. I am going to purchase the Gigabyte model. I am fairly certain it will fit in my case as I previously owned a GTX 670 FTW which had plenty of room.

Rgds,
J31

J31

Honorable
May 15, 2013

I apologize. As I said in a previous reply, it under performs both cards listed in my original post for the same price. I may have jumped to a conclusion too early.

To be honest I agree with your GPU recommendation (I'm using the EVGA 770 ACX myself). My point is you do nothing to help anyone. You just paste a link and tell people it's the best. People likely want to know more than just a link I'd imagine.