Sign in with
Your question

Radeon HD 7850 Constant Flickering Help Appreciated

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 19, 2013 4:30:26 PM

Hello everybody,

I recently purchased a Radeon HD 7850 2GB specifically ASUS HD7850-DC2-2GD5-V2 upgrading from a EVGA GTX 460 768MB. I was hoping to see a some what noticeable upgrade in overall speed and responsiveness in my games but what i notice is that there is a constant flicker with the card as well as constant vertical lines in most of my games. I thought it had something to do with the driver so i ran driver sweeper removed all nvidia and amd drivers. I dislike turning on v-sync cuz of the mouse lag but im still pretty upset as i still see flicker even when in windows. Installed the most recent AMD Display Driver ver. 12.104 and i'm still having the same issues. It was a dead giveaway when i first logged into windows as the transition from the login in screen to desktop fade was really choppy. I've heard adjusting the 2d clocks work which ive done, by raising them and that did not work. I doubt its a power supply as my supply should be plenty being an Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W. Before my GTX 460 i had a Radeon HD 6770 so i know my board supports amd cards. I was gonna RMA but i wanted to see if any one else had run into this problem. I've read dozens of threads regarding this issue, none seems to work for me, did i get a lemon and shoud i RMA or does anybody have a good idea of whats going here. Any help is greatly appreciated. These are my specs:

Asus Radeon HD 7850 2GB
AMD-A8 APU 2.9 Ghz
Asus F1A75-M Mobo
Caviar Black 1Tb 7200 RM
8 GB DDR3 1600
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W
3-80 mm fans in case, along with cooler master cpu cooler

June 20, 2013 4:00:22 AM

IT SEEMS LIKE YOU HAVE MANUFACTURING PROBLEM IT MUST BE UNDER WARRANTY GO AND REPLACE IT CARD WILL BE FINE.
!