Monitor Turns off or on stand by after 30 mins

hassan78659

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Hi, i rebooted my computer back to windows 7 and few days after. When the computer has been on for like 30 mins the monitor just turns off and blue lights keep flashing on the monitor and i get a black screen. To fix i had to turn off my computer and turn it back on and then it works. I have check drivers for the computer. Checked the wires if they are inserted correctly and they are. Also i get an error message from event viewer. It says Kernal Power event id 41. I am using a vga cable. The model of the pc is stone USFF. You can find more details from their website. The model of the monitor is Hanns.g HL190APB. The pc and the monitor is about 2 years old. I really want to get this sorted. Would anyone help me please.

Dhampire01

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

Go to control panel,power settings and choose not to turn off monitor when pc idle.Hope this helps.Its enabled by default.Also in same power settings window,go to hibernation and click never.This is another thing enabled by default in windows 7 and if your pc is idle for 30min it shuts down.