Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

560Ti 448 sli and 3D Vision 2

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 20, 2013 5:29:38 PM

So I downloaded Nvidia's 3DTV Play driver the other day, and I was pretty blown away even on my passive TV. It's 55" though, so I can see scan lines if I focus hard enough, not cool!

I bought a new monitor, and am planning on picking up the 3d vision 2 kit. I'm afraid I don't have the horsepower I need to run my games at the settings I like. I'm able to run Skyrim maxed out, but only at 1280x720 70hz.

Am I going to need to look at upgrading to play modern games maxed at 1920x1080 120Hz?

If I do move up to something like a 680, would it be worth getting a 3770k for pcie-3.0? My board is gen3, so it would be cheap. I have a 2600k now, with two 120gb SSDs in raid 0 so it moves pretty good. (SSDs scale incredibly, and I've noticed no loss in measured performance after 6 months!)

I figure I can get both cheaper now, and my old stuff might still be worth something, but I'd rather just hear my 448's will be fine before I order the 3D kit haha!

Thanks!



More about : 560ti 448 sli vision

a c 80 Î Nvidia
June 20, 2013 5:35:36 PM

With 3D Vision, you can expect about 50-60% the performance you get from normal 2D. That means you'll have to lower settings to run 3D Vision. That said, I do find 3D Vision still looks awesome with lower settings. I'll take medium in 3D over high in 2D, however, a 560ti is going to struggle.

Don't get a 680, get the 770 instead. It is about the same price and faster. You still won't play things maxed out, but it is still awesome to play games in 3D.
June 21, 2013 4:47:37 PM

bystander said:
With 3D Vision, you can expect about 50-60% the performance you get from normal 2D. That means you'll have to lower settings to run 3D Vision. That said, I do find 3D Vision still looks awesome with lower settings. I'll take medium in 3D over high in 2D, however, a 560ti is going to struggle.

Don't get a 680, get the 770 instead. It is about the same price and faster. You still won't play things maxed out, but it is still awesome to play games in 3D.


But my 448's are in SLI, and I was expecting near 100% scaling since I believe each GPU just renders each individual offset for 3D. So, I'm thinking my 448's in SLI would still be able to pull 30-40FPS maxed out in most games, or whatever the performance of a single card is which I thought was still somewhat respectable, is that not true?

If I did upgrade to a 770, would it be worth upgrading my 2600K to ivy or haswell for PCI-E 3.0?

Thanks!



Related resources
a c 80 Î Nvidia
June 21, 2013 4:52:00 PM

Yes, that is about what you can expect. About what a single 560 ti can do, SLI in 3D Vision should do. It would not likely be worth upgrading your CPU/motherboard for PCI-E 3.0. It doesn't help much at all.
June 22, 2013 10:00:24 AM

bystander said:
Yes, that is about what you can expect. About what a single 560 ti can do, SLI in 3D Vision should do. It would not likely be worth upgrading your CPU/motherboard for PCI-E 3.0. It doesn't help much at all.


Thank you Bystander, I guess I'll just leave my PC alone for a little while longer! Most of the games I play aren't going to benefit as greatly from more than 30FPS like a FPS might, so I think I'll be OK.

I ordered the 3D Vision 2 kit, and my monitor should be here Monday. I'll let you know how it goes

Thanks again!

a c 80 Î Nvidia
June 22, 2013 10:59:58 AM

red07g5 said:
bystander said:
Yes, that is about what you can expect. About what a single 560 ti can do, SLI in 3D Vision should do. It would not likely be worth upgrading your CPU/motherboard for PCI-E 3.0. It doesn't help much at all.


Thank you Bystander, I guess I'll just leave my PC alone for a little while longer! Most of the games I play aren't going to benefit as greatly from more than 30FPS like a FPS might, so I think I'll be OK.

I ordered the 3D Vision 2 kit, and my monitor should be here Monday. I'll let you know how it goes

Thanks again!



I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. You'll want this link as well, it fixes a lot of games that don't normally work so well in 3d: http://helixmod.wikispot.org/gamelist

You might also want to know about this for 2D as well: http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/lightboost/
It makes it so you have nearly no motion blur.
!