Total: 2 votes

• get the i7
  • 0 %
  • get the i5
  • 50 %
  • get bacon
  • 50 %
June 20, 2013 9:23:48 PM

I am looking at buying a laptop but i am unsure of which one. I would like to have an asus. So far I am looking at 2 asus with the only difference being the cpu. i have a rig thats meant for gaming so i only need it for games that will pass the time. im just worried im gonna have performance issues with just the i5. its 100 difference in the price.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

if the i5 is good enough for school and light gaming then il go for it but if i have to get the i7 i will.
also how would either of these compare to a desktop amd 4300 cpu?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b à CPUs
June 21, 2013 7:55:04 AM

You will not see any difference at all between those 2 laptops in terms of gaming.

The NVidia 610m will bottleneck either CPU.

I personally would go with the i5 between those 2, due to the higher clock speed, and the lower power usage (better battery life). And since you can't tell a difference in performance while gaming, might as well save some money.
June 21, 2013 2:47:24 PM

itzdanielp said:
You will not see any difference at all between those 2 laptops in terms of gaming.

The NVidia 610m will bottleneck either CPU.

I personally would go with the i5 between those 2, due to the higher clock speed, and the lower power usage (better battery life). And since you can't tell a difference in performance while gaming, might as well save some money.

any performance difference just in general?
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b à CPUs
June 21, 2013 3:14:16 PM

Not that you will see, the multithreading in the i7 is not generally taken advantage of in most consumer applications, and the extra clock speed would offset that.
June 21, 2013 7:16:21 PM

itzdanielp said:
Not that you will see, the multithreading in the i7 is not generally taken advantage of in most consumer applications, and the extra clock speed would offset that.

ok thanks. hey do you know any other laptops that are aus and are good for the price and gaming?
!