Six EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Graphics Cards Spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the fact that they are getting more performance, yet lower prices on this "re-branded" 700 series. It makes the 700 series hard to ignore when making a purchase decision.

The GTX 760, if it comes in at $250-$280 will make it very difficult to recommend anything else in that price range. I see they also left some room in terms of performance and price for a GTX 760 Ti with 1344 CUDA cores.

I'm thinking the new card's performance will continue to be comparable or a bit faster than 1 model up from previous generation ..... but order of magnitude cheaper

770 comparable to a 680 performance wise but cheaper
760 Ti comparable to a 670 performance wise but cheaper
760 comparable to a 660 Ti performance wise but cheaper

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Interestingly, the EVGA 770 with the blower has an open end on the interior end, letting the hot air blow into the case, destroying the benefit of blowers. I hope they don't do so again with the 760, or I'll find it hard to see anybody buying the blower, and not handing over a few bucks for the much quieter and cooler ACX version. Maybe this is exactly how they want...

That's an air intake, similar to what all blower heatsinks have. Air flows in one end and out the other.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013

Can't be... I thought that the intake was the round hole through which you could see the fan. This card has another open slot, from which it seems the air just leaks out. The third picture in this newegg link shows it best. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130922

Status
Not open for further replies.