Need CyberPower Build Troubleshooting Help -

homegrown303

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
I have an old CyberPower build that's not working (circa 2008ish). Here's the original specs when it initially quit on me about 10 days ago...

-INTEL QUAD CORE Q9550
-500 GB SATA II 3.0 GB 16MB 7200RPM
-2 GB PC6400 DDR2 800
-RADEON 5750 1 GB
-MSI P45 PLATINUM INTEL CROSSFIRE DDR2 LGA 775
-EVERCOOL TITAN ROBELA ALUM WATER CASE
-ULTRA CYBERPOWER 800W POWER SUPPLY

One day it quit, my ex-gf broke it while I was out of town (according to her it 'just quit', but who really knows? why was she at my house anyways? these are valid questions, without answers). I returned home and it would boot for ~5min into Windows (Vista) before suddenly going black. I cracked it open and noticed that the water pump wasn't working. I assumed the comp was shutting down to self-preserve the CPU.

Ordered a CM Hyper212 Evo and installed it.

After a few tries, the computer would not boot at ALL, when I press the power button everything spins up and idles, but it won't POST. The screen displays nothing. Checked basics, CMOS, RAM, (etc) and the LED codes for the mobo. The LEDs indicated a damaged or improperly mounted CPU (tried remounting several times, no-go). I put the CPU in a friends mobo and it boots fine, first try, no problems. Must be the mobo, right?

Ordered a Gigabyte G41MT-S2PT LGA 775 G41 Micro motherboard and 8GB (2x4GB) Kingston Technology HyperX Blu DDR3 RAM.

Rebuild everything... same problem. Everything spins up and idles, no POST. I don't have a system speaker so I can't hear the beep codes (working on that right now). Maybe it's the GPU I think? Try the onboard video, same deal, no POST, the monitor doesn't even recognize that anything is even connected.

Possible Problems:
-DOA Gigabyte Mobo (seems like REALLY bad luck?? possible nonetheless)
-Bad PSU (Maybe the PSU was going, which would explain why the water pump quit? Why does everything spin and idle though...)
- Voodoo cursed by ex-gf
- Forsaken by God

I was planning on a new build anyways so I just ordered a Seasonic 80Plus Power Supply M12II 620 BRONZE.

Any ideas? Am I missing something simple? I've tried all the basics, everything's plugged in, jumpers are good, cleared CMOS, etc, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated. My patience is wearing thin and I'm about to scrap the whole thing!

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
What you need to do is get a Lie Detector test done on the girlfriend, to find out what she did to the PC :lol:

Not easy to determine, check the volume of the hdd, it might be full of makeup downloads and celebrities videos.

Check the PSU, there may be an eyeliner pencil jammed between the fins.

homegrown303

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013

I was with the woman for 4 damn years and I still can't tell when she's lying. I'm not sure lie detectors work if you don't have a soul.

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
:lol:

Actually, she would make the ideal landlady, your girlfriend is just like my landlady, they say one thing to keep us in the dark while they connive to make our lives unbearable. :waahh: