New pc, everything seems to work fine when gaming but when browsing the web, watching live streams or youtube videos my pc fre

Matto100

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
The freezing and lock ups force me to have to restart as everything becomes unresponsive. Also when watching videos, when the freeze happens a consistent mechanical noise drones until i restart. I'm really stumped and would love some help, I am quite new to pc components and what not, so please bear with me.

Would also like to specify that the freezing happens at random times but only when watching videos etc

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
What CPU, mobo model, DRAM model, any OC? Could have to do with DRAM possibly, especially if just installed (i.e. running at defaults, not configured)....the Grinding may be HD, could be a loose fan mounting, a few possibles

Matto100

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013

-CPU- AMD FX-4100 quad core
-Ram-8GB patriot ram DDR3 1600 MHz PC3
-no oc
The ram is about 1 year old and recently I ran memtest and no errors occurred.
The cpu is also about 1 year old, i cant remember what the program was called but i ran it for about four it tested all the cores and there were no errors.
Checked all the fan mounts seem well secured

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
There's been a few other problems out here with Chrome lately, have you tried w/ another Browser I.E. or Firefox to see if they have the same problem? Not sure on the noise, trying to think what else it could be other than maybe the HD going bad

Risla

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

Like Tradesman said .. try another browser ( firefox, IE , opera, ..) see what gives.
The noise could also be coming from your GPU .. I suggest you take a piece of paper , roll it up and put it to your ear.. That way you can better pinpoint where the noise is coming from (assuming your pc case is open ofc)

Matto100

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
One thing I have noticed is that when im not watching any videos or streams my GPU's averages around 31-5, but when I am my card at maximum goes to 51 degrees? But how could it possibly be the case when performance in games is great and temp would probably be at 50 degrees

Matto100

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
Ok so I haven't had a complete freeze which has forced me to restart since I posted this thread, but I've encountered another problem and I'm not sure whether it is related. So basically I am getting really bad lag in online games, I get really bad audio lag and bad Fps drops (for example on league of legends I get dropped to 20 from 60 constant) as well as audio lag my ping keeps rising and falling within a 5 second period.

Skype also has this audio lad and when I am in a call Skype says it is trying to connect as if I am offline.
I am starting to think this is related to my earlier problems as I did get audio stutter/lag while watching videos etc, and now it is affecting my games.

I am not really sure whether it is an internet problem or a hardware issue as everyone else in my household doesn't seem to get higher ping when gaming or just general use.

Matto100

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
Ok so I tried playing a single player game (XCOM) it worked fine until I realised that I had dc'ed from my router but it wasn't saying I was( I tabbed out of xcom and tried loading some internet pages and it said couldn't connect, I also noted that Skype was in its "connecting phase" again) but the odd thing is my icon said I was connected. It seems that every time I dc from my router everything goes pair shaped, the audio lag happened in xcom when I dced

Matto100

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013

Just after I posted this I did some windows updates for framework or something so maybe that will resolve it, other than that yes I have all card drivers and what not. However I was reading a post about updating wireless adapter drivers how would I go bout doing this?

Matto100

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
Ok so I still haven't had a freeze since the post was put up and since doing the windows update my gaming and browsing has improved. The only gripe I have is that my card still goes to 50 degrees when watching videos and streams. Can anyone think of any other alternatives to this problem

Matto100

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013

Sorry I don't really understand what you mean, a slot fan where?

Matto100

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
Hi AGAIN, recently I have been dong some research about why my card gets so hot and more frequent FPS drops in games. I noticed that on the program CPU-z when looking at the statistics for my AMD FX-4100 these results felt quite unusual:
-core speed 1517.1 MHZ AND THEN IN 3 SECONDS WOULD SHOOT TO 3901.2 (Is this the program glitching?)
-multiplier would go from x7 to x18 at the same time

TRENDING THREADS