Just upgraded my RAM what the heck happened to my cpu? and why is the ram speed so low?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
On the CPU it's going back and forth from idle up to your OC... to take the DRAM to 1600, take your CPU Host/Bus freq to 240 (this will raise the CPU OC so may want to lower the ratio), set the DRAM voltage up + 0.05 and the CPU/NB voltage up about + 0.08 to + 0.10 from current setting...this is generally the easiest way,

Tommy Lin

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

Actually, my CPU isn't overclocked at all. I've been meaning to do it but never found the time.

http://i.imgur.com/d3r2wEn.png

This is my cpu under stress 4 virtual machines open.

If i want to OC my CPU to 3.2 GHZ (turning the bus freq to 240) Without lowering the ratios. How much should i increase my CPU voltage by and will the DRAM voltage increase of +.05 V and 1600mhz remain the same?

and according to CPU-World the operating temperature for my CPU is 55C-71C so i guess heat won't be an issue?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Let's just take the CPU up about the same as the DRAM + 0.05 (it's safe and once we know we're stable, can experiment lowering it while maintaining stability)....And monitoring temps isn't a bad idea, prob you have a program that came with the mobo, if not there's a freebie called CoreTemp that's very good

Tommy Lin

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
haha i just realized why i never got around to it. I have a prebuilt computer... I guess i'll do it when i get a better motherboard..

Thanks for everything tradesman1 !

TRENDING THREADS