LAN driver issue with Gigabyte motherboard.

Connorzman

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
A few days ago we had a thunderstorm in my area, it blew out the ports in my modem and the internet repairman had to replace the modem. The computer was fine for a day (just not connected to the internet) and then some issues began. I shut down my computer to go somewhere and when I returned I got stuck in a reboot loop. My computer would start up, go to the windows start up flag, go back to the BIOS screen, and the repeat. I had to install Windows 7 several times. I used disk cleanup to delete my "windows.old" folder in the case that my computer had a virus. So I reinstalled windows several times and now everything appears to be working but the LAN drivers. My motherboard is a Gigabyte 970A-UD3. There was nothing internet related on my motherboard CD, except for a Realtek Ethernet Diagnostic Tool which did no good. I downloaded all three of the LAN drivers for my motherboard from here (because I didn't know if it was a review 1.0/1.1, 1.2, or 3):

http://www.gigabyte.com/search/search.aspx?kw=970a-ud3#pr-1

I tried each one of them. Each time I got the same error message:

The Realtek Network Controller was not found. Deep Sleep mode is active , please plug in power cable

What do I do? The iBuypower technical support agent says the thunderstorm could've messed up my motherboard. Any ideas? :heink:

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Have you tried a hard (CMOS) reset either via the mobo jumper or pulling the battery on the mobo for about 20 seconds (either method unplug the computer first). This will reset the hardware to factory defaults

Connorzman

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013

I took the battery out and the ram. No change but the date and time was wrong. Any other ideas?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Time has to be reset manually, couple of thoughts, that error mentions sleep mode, could go to power settings in Control Panel and make sure sleep mode is turned off....also go to Device manager, look under Network adapters and see inf Win sees it, if it sees it, right click on the device, go to power management in the menu and make sure the selections there (3 I believe) are all unchecked, reboot and see what happens

Connorzman

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013

Yeah. Funny thing is I don't even have a "Network adapters" options in my device manager. Crazy right? I already tried reinstalling Win 7.. No luck

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Sounds like it may have gotten fried, only other thing I can think of offhand is may be an on/off or enable/disable option in the BIOS, probably would be like in the peripherals area.....Other than that, if don't want to RMA, could pick up a 10/100 or 10/100/1000 PCI card or a USB ethernet cable adaptr or if your Modem/router support wireless a wirless thumb (USB) adapter