Your question

Question regarding the PSU

Last response: in Components
June 22, 2013 6:09:03 AM

I have recently upgraded my computer, the specs are below
Intel i5 3570k
Corsair 16GB vengeance
ASUS P8 V LX
Cooler Master GX 650 (came with the case)

After building the system iv'e been experiencing lock ups, while its not very common i do hear this weird repeated sound from the speakers when it does freeze.

I looked around a bit and i called a Scan after sending some parts for RMA, the Motherboard came out fine, but it still locked up.

They said its either the PSU or the HDD..
Its a very vague problem.
Apparently it could the PSU but im very unsure..

More about : question psu

June 22, 2013 7:37:22 AM

are you using a video card? from the specs above power would not be an issue and the CM GX650 is OK quality wise yet it still can be the problem. Any chance of swapping out your PSU?
June 22, 2013 8:28:05 AM

dirtyferret said:
are you using a video card? from the specs above power would not be an issue and the CM GX650 is OK quality wise yet it still can be the problem. Any chance of swapping out your PSU?

Oh yeah i forgot to add i use a MSI GTX 660 ti, also to the latter i was looking into buying a 600W corsair PSU.
So might do that later on today.

Related resources
June 22, 2013 9:15:49 AM

if you do upgrade the PSU, get a quality unit. brands like antec, corsair, ocz, pc power and cooling are just a few out there

plenty of good review sites like hardware secrets, jonnyguru, techpowerup, kit guru, and bit tech
June 22, 2013 9:26:14 AM

dirtyferret said:
if you do upgrade the PSU, get a quality unit. brands like antec, corsair, ocz, pc power and cooling are just a few out there

plenty of good review sites like hardware secrets, jonnyguru, techpowerup, kit guru, and bit tech

Ah yeah im looking into several brands so far i found a few that are good, so do you think it could the PSU causing the lock ups?
June 22, 2013 9:43:56 AM

Hisophonic said:
dirtyferret said:

Ah yeah im looking into several brands so far i found a few that are good, so do you think it could the PSU causing the lock ups?

do i know? not without being able to test the PSU. I know it can be the issue.

June 22, 2013 10:16:15 AM

dirtyferret said:
Hisophonic said:
dirtyferret said:

Ah well this probably helped me decide about buying the PSU iv'e been eyeing and hopefully its successful test.

do i know? not without being able to test the PSU. I know it can be the issue.

!