Ibuypower and other online stores

balanden

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
Hello everyone i have recently started thinking about making my own gaming computer(since my recent one is dying.)Well as i was looking online to try and find someone who could help me i found Ibuypower.Is it reliable? Also i really want to build the computer my self but i really don't know what i'll need or how to put everything together.If you guys could tell me if Ibuypower is reliable it would be great but if you guys can give me a list of things that i would need to build the computer myself it would be even better.I'm looking to build a computer for mostly gaming but i would use it for other things.So a list of the things i would need and where i could get those thing would be great.Also i'm trying to make it pocket friendly that was the first reason i liked Ibuypower so also if you guys could just reccomend what brand and everything to get i would greatly appreciate it.
-Thanks in advance

Okay, so there are two questions here, nearest I can tell:
1: Is iBuyPower trustworthy?
2: Can I make my machine myself, and will it be efficient?

The answer to 1 is "Yes, kinda.". iBuyPower isn't going to take your money and not send you a product, or something like that. On the other hand, they will rip you off. The builds they offer are horrifically overpriced, underperforming, and basically set up to exploit people who lack knowledge of computers.

To 2, the answer is "Yes, emphatically.". With our help in picking out parts (something we're quite well-versed in, I assure you) and a few guides read/watched, you can most certainly assemble your own system, and it will absolutely be an efficient (in fact, the most efficient) option, in addition to being a satisfying achievement. We'd just need to know your location, what you wanted to do with the system, and what parts you needed (that is, just the system unit, or also a screen, operating system, mouse, etc?).

balanden

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013

Ok well i am located in Chicago,Il.For the computer i want to build i pretty much want it for gaming.I play alot of MMO's and games on the PC so i want enough memory to hold big games like WoW,Tera..etc. Ok so i just need the part to build computer itself(The motherboard,videocard,fans and/or cooling system)I cant get the keyboard and screen but if their is a pocket-friendly gaming mouse then i'm all up for getting it.(Most of the mice i've seen are like 100$ and over and that is just a little too much for me considering it's just the mouse and i can use the keyboard)I really don't know much about building a computer but i really want to learn since that is a job i want to take on once i'm done with college(I'm in high school but i have a job so i've spared enough money to build myself a computer)So i really hope you guys can help me out telling me what parts i need and everything.I get the basic idea of what to get but i really don't know what is better than what to make my computer a smooth runner without having to upgrade parts every 6 months or so.

If I might make a request, adding paragraphs to your posts would make them a lot easier to read, which would help me to help you.

Chicago is a fortuitous location, as you will have access to the fabled Microcenter, and its amazing deals. However, I have far too little information right now to make any recommendations. The basic information we require to help you with a build is:
Where are you buying? (answered, Chicago)
What is the purpose of the system (answered, gaming)
What parts do you required? (seems like "everything other than a keyboard and screen", unless I'm reading you wrong)
What is your budget?
What is your screen resolution?
Do you wish to overclock?
Are you alright with CrossFire/SLI?
And finally do you have any parts which you can carry forward from your previous system?

If you answer those, I would be happy to help.

TRENDING THREADS