Sign in with
Your question

Is the error "DPS_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" a hardware error or software error?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 22, 2013 8:31:06 PM

Is the error "DPS_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" a hardware error or software error?
a c 1504 V Motherboard
June 22, 2013 8:45:58 PM

A combination, are you running with a USB hub? If so may try disconnecting it, may also be another USB device, but have seen it with hubs, something with power to the port
June 22, 2013 11:44:48 PM

Tradesman1 said:
A combination, are you running with a USB hub? If so may try disconnecting it, may also be another USB device, but have seen it with hubs, something with power to the port

My PC have a separate VGA card. I don't get any error when I work with my separate VGA card. I get this "DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" error only when I work with the on-board VGA in my PC. I tried the following solution too. But it didn't worked. What can you say about it?
How Can I Fix a DPC_Watchdog_Violation Error in Windows 8?
How Can I Fix a DPC_Watchdog_Violation Error in Windows 8? DPC_Watchdog_Viloation stop error in Windows 8 mostly indicates issues with netr6164.sys file, and the error has the BUCKET_ID of 0x133_DPC_netr6164+81b6. This error is generally caused... See full content
Related resources
a c 1504 V Motherboard
June 22, 2013 11:57:33 PM

OK, might try checking for a newer graphics driver for the onboard at your mobo site, if no joy there another option would be to download a fresh copy of what you have, then using the GPU card, uninstall and delete the existing driver (may be corrupt) and install it from the downloaded copy
June 23, 2013 7:29:49 AM

Tradesman1 said:
OK, might try checking for a newer graphics driver for the onboard at your mobo site, if no joy there another option would be to download a fresh copy of what you have, then using the GPU card, uninstall and delete the existing driver (may be corrupt) and install it from the downloaded copy

Now I can't even start my PC. When ever I start my PC it goes to this error and restart. When ever it restarted Windows 8 tries to repair my PC. But, not being able to repair, Windows 8 asks me to whether shut down the PC or go to advanced options. But still I can start my PC with Ubuntu 10.10 boot-able CD.

!