After "copying files", windows doesnt continue with installation - just restarts

saifhaseeb

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
Hey guys.

So I built my new PC earlier and to my dismay i kept getting this windows 7 error of "setup was unable to create a partition" blah blah.

So i decided to give xp a try. I managed to create a partition and got to the part where it says "copying files", and then it has a countdown for the first restart.

Heres the problem. It restarts but goes back to the original setup screen, so it loads windows and stuff, when it should load windows xp. I thought it might have to do that, but in the original setup i went to the new partition that was made and tried to install xp on it again, but it says that an operating system is already installed.

How can I get my windows xp to setup properly without restarting to the original setup screen? I have a feeling its a bios setting issue. Also I pirated the windows xp, but shouldnt matter as a lot of people used the same download and it worked for them.

My specs:

Asrock z68 extreme 7 gen 3
Intel i5 3570k
Seagate barracuda 1tb SATA
(Rest shouldnt matter)

sourodip

Distinguished
u just messed up with the installion.
At first clean(format) the entire HDD(hard disk), then create as many drives as u want and then select one drive and then install win xp or win7...:)
If it goes back to the original start screen then ur boot device in the bios is not properly set.Go to bios change the boot priority i.e.,select the 1st boot device as CD/DVDxxxx drive and NOT the SATA/REM. DRIVE

giannis marakis

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
have the same problem with my asrock B85 FATAL1TY and g3420 cpu
how can i solve it?its 100% sure that cd/dvd is the 1st boot device and hhd 2nd