Closed

Giada Launches High-End Mini PC with Haswell, GTX 650

This mini-PC packs Intel "Haswell" processors and Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 graphics into a small form factor.

Giada Launches High-End Mini PC with Haswell, GTX 650 : Read more
15 answers Last reply
More about giada launches high end mini haswell gtx 650
  1. Not ASUS's mini GTX 670?
  2. "with the powerful Nvidia GTX650 enthusiast GPU"

LOL all day.
  3. Would that be a mobile 650, with a TDP that low?
  4. Oh nice, it has a GTX 740.
  5. Spooderman said:
    Would that be a mobile 650, with a TDP that low?

I think that refers to the processor's TDP. Marketing loves to use ambiguous statements like that. The GTX 650 has a 70W TDP by itself, I think
  6. Are you sure that ain't a GTX 650M? If so, It's a bargain, to get a MacBook Pro Retina performance for the price of a Mac Mini.

There's no way they'll fit regular GTX 650 on that small box.

The Haswell chip is also most likely a mobile chip.
  7. elzafir said:
    Are you sure that ain't a GTX 650M? If so, It's a bargain, to get a MacBook Pro Retina performance for the price of a Mac Mini.

I didn't really see the scale before, but the previous model is barely 10" long. I think you're right; there is just no way you could fit a desktop processor and graphics card in there, never mind all the other stuff. It explains the 70W TDP, too
  8. With more and more cloud services and media streaming. Toss in BD and this could be a great media center.

My media center has the "powerful" GTX 650 ti(hahahaaaa. I got it for its lower power when watching video[MSI cyclone is also VERY quiet] and some light gaming.) and CUDA support helps with some programs too. Its not a bad card, but not going to push top end settings either.
  9. Epsilon_0EVP said:
    elzafir said:
    Are you sure that ain't a GTX 650M? If so, It's a bargain, to get a MacBook Pro Retina performance for the price of a Mac Mini.

I didn't really see the scale before, but the previous model is barely 10" long. I think you're right; there is just no way you could fit a desktop processor and graphics card in there, never mind all the other stuff. It explains the 70W TDP, too

The optical drive slot gave out the scale.

Anonymous said:
    With more and more cloud services and media streaming. Toss in BD and this could be a great media center.

My media center has the "powerful" GTX 650 ti(hahahaaaa. I got it for its lower power when watching video[MSI cyclone is also VERY quiet] and some light gaming.) and CUDA support helps with some programs too. Its not a bad card, but not going to push top end settings either.

If you look closely enough, this Giada actually has a BD drive.
  10. And meanwhile somewhere at E3 AMD's APU is rendering this at runtime (I know, I know, "driver" issue and the need to pay premium for Intel's CPUs + Mobos as well as nVidia's "the way it was meant to pay more"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeuHGESZBA
  11. And meanwhile somewhere at E3 AMD's APU is rendering this at runtime (I know, I know, "driver" issue and the need to pay premium for Intel's CPUs + Mobos as well as nVidia's "the way it was meant to pay more"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeuHGESZBA
  12. Did you just say "high end" and "GTX 650" in the same sentence?
  13. jack1982 said:
    Did you just say "high end" and "GTX 650" in the same sentence?

High-end status of a device is not always determined by the GPU.
  14. I wonder how much Intel is paying Giada is paying Tom's for this net-top infomercial?
  15. mortsmi7 said:
    Oh nice, it has a GTX 740.

Hahahahaha. Best comment ever.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computex Computers Mini PCs