Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Giada Launches High-End Mini PC with Haswell, GTX 650

Last response: in News comments
Share
June 23, 2013 3:25:04 PM

Not ASUS's mini GTX 670?
Score
0
June 23, 2013 3:38:42 PM

"with the powerful Nvidia GTX650 enthusiast GPU"

LOL all day.
Score
1
June 23, 2013 4:12:25 PM

Would that be a mobile 650, with a TDP that low?
Score
0
June 23, 2013 4:52:36 PM

Oh nice, it has a GTX 740.
Score
0
June 23, 2013 4:52:54 PM

Spooderman said:
Would that be a mobile 650, with a TDP that low?


I think that refers to the processor's TDP. Marketing loves to use ambiguous statements like that. The GTX 650 has a 70W TDP by itself, I think
Score
0
June 23, 2013 5:59:27 PM

Are you sure that ain't a GTX 650M? If so, It's a bargain, to get a MacBook Pro Retina performance for the price of a Mac Mini.

There's no way they'll fit regular GTX 650 on that small box.

The Haswell chip is also most likely a mobile chip.
Score
0
June 23, 2013 6:03:52 PM

elzafir said:
Are you sure that ain't a GTX 650M? If so, It's a bargain, to get a MacBook Pro Retina performance for the price of a Mac Mini.

There's no way they'll fit regular GTX 650 on that small box.

The Haswell chip is also most likely a mobile chip.


I didn't really see the scale before, but the previous model is barely 10" long. I think you're right; there is just no way you could fit a desktop processor and graphics card in there, never mind all the other stuff. It explains the 70W TDP, too

Score
0
June 23, 2013 6:39:45 PM

With more and more cloud services and media streaming. Toss in BD and this could be a great media center.

My media center has the "powerful" GTX 650 ti(hahahaaaa. I got it for its lower power when watching video[MSI cyclone is also VERY quiet] and some light gaming.) and CUDA support helps with some programs too. Its not a bad card, but not going to push top end settings either.
Score
0
June 23, 2013 7:34:57 PM

Epsilon_0EVP said:
elzafir said:
Are you sure that ain't a GTX 650M? If so, It's a bargain, to get a MacBook Pro Retina performance for the price of a Mac Mini.

There's no way they'll fit regular GTX 650 on that small box.

The Haswell chip is also most likely a mobile chip.


I didn't really see the scale before, but the previous model is barely 10" long. I think you're right; there is just no way you could fit a desktop processor and graphics card in there, never mind all the other stuff. It explains the 70W TDP, too



The optical drive slot gave out the scale.

nukemaster said:
With more and more cloud services and media streaming. Toss in BD and this could be a great media center.

My media center has the "powerful" GTX 650 ti(hahahaaaa. I got it for its lower power when watching video[MSI cyclone is also VERY quiet] and some light gaming.) and CUDA support helps with some programs too. Its not a bad card, but not going to push top end settings either.


If you look closely enough, this Giada actually has a BD drive.
Score
0
June 24, 2013 2:47:09 AM

And meanwhile somewhere at E3 AMD's APU is rendering this at runtime (I know, I know, "driver" issue and the need to pay premium for Intel's CPUs + Mobos as well as nVidia's "the way it was meant to pay more"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeuHGESZBA
Score
0
June 24, 2013 3:40:57 AM

And meanwhile somewhere at E3 AMD's APU is rendering this at runtime (I know, I know, "driver" issue and the need to pay premium for Intel's CPUs + Mobos as well as nVidia's "the way it was meant to pay more"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeuHGESZBA
Score
0
June 24, 2013 5:22:19 AM

Did you just say "high end" and "GTX 650" in the same sentence?
Score
0
June 24, 2013 8:17:13 AM

jack1982 said:
Did you just say "high end" and "GTX 650" in the same sentence?


High-end status of a device is not always determined by the GPU.
Score
0
June 24, 2013 11:50:12 AM

I wonder how much Intel is paying Giada is paying Tom's for this net-top infomercial?

Score
0
June 28, 2013 3:42:46 PM

mortsmi7 said:
Oh nice, it has a GTX 740.


Hahahahaha. Best comment ever.
Score
0
!