Sign in with
Your question

H100i vs Kraken X60

Last response: in Overclocking
June 23, 2013 4:38:33 PM

Cant decide and cant sleep
I want to replace my Hyper 212+ with a water cooler i7 3770k.
Case is Corsair 400R

H100i will cost me 90$
Kraken X60 will cost 118$

Sp120s will cost me 27$ for 2
Noctua NF-A14s will cost me 44$ for 2

Money is not a huge problem nor the warrenty

More about : h100i kraken x60

a b K Overclocking
June 24, 2013 1:18:30 AM

The Kraken definately performs better. By about 2-5°C. At full speed that is.
Both look pretty good imo and the mounting is pretty much the same.

A few more points to consider:
- The Kraken is bigger, so you need more space in your case.
- The Kraken´s tubing is longer.
- The H100i uses 120mm fans which means you can find much more alternative fans for it.
- The fans etc. at the H100i is directly connected to the heatsink. The Kraken has some cables hanging out from the heatsink which means if you connect the fans to your mainboard or a fan controller, the cables wouldn´t look that "clean".
- Although you said you don´t care about warranty so much, you still should consider Corsair´s leak warranty or whatever it is called.

You also might want to have a look at the Corsair H110.
June 24, 2013 1:40:29 AM

Som3one said:
The Kraken definately performs better. By about 2-5°C. At full speed that is.
Both look pretty good imo and the mounting is pretty much the same.

A few more points to consider:
- The Kraken is bigger, so you need more space in your case.
- The Kraken´s tubing is longer.
- The H100i uses 120mm fans which means you can find much more alternative fans for it.
- The fans etc. at the H100i is directly connected to the heatsink. The Kraken has some cables hanging out from the heatsink which means if you connect the fans to your mainboard or a fan controller, the cables wouldn´t look that "clean".
- Although you said you don´t care about warranty so much, you still should consider Corsair´s leak warranty or whatever it is called.

You also might want to have a look at the Corsair H110.

I am moving to another country so warrenty will not be used
How big is the difference in OC capabilities with those coolers ? I have to add around 45$ for a X60 in a push pull compared to H100i in push pull

Related resources
a b K Overclocking
June 24, 2013 1:56:31 AM

I thought Corsair offers worldwide warranty? Or is that Swiftech? Kinda getting confused with all those AiO manufacturers.

I tried both coolers on my i5-2500k @ 4,3GHz.
With the H100i at max speed (in push config) I got around 56°C. With the Kraken in push config I got around 53°C-54°C. Both with the stock fans I should add.
My guess is with a push/pull configuration you would get a benifit of around 3°C with the H100i and around 4-5°C with the Kraken.

You might also want to check out the comparison video/review of most the current AiO coolers from TimeToLiveCustoms on youtube.
Not sure if he did another vid on push/pull comparison. But I think I´ve read a review on this topic somewhere.
June 24, 2013 11:58:01 AM

Som3one said:
I thought Corsair offers worldwide warranty? Or is that Swiftech? Kinda getting confused with all those AiO manufacturers.

I tried both coolers on my i5-2500k @ 4,3GHz.
With the H100i at max speed (in push config) I got around 56°C. With the Kraken in push config I got around 53°C-54°C. Both with the stock fans I should add.
My guess is with a push/pull configuration you would get a benifit of around 3°C with the H100i and around 4-5°C with the Kraken.

You might also want to check out the comparison video/review of most the current AiO coolers from TimeToLiveCustoms on youtube.
Not sure if he did another vid on push/pull comparison. But I think I´ve read a review on this topic somewhere.

I checked and corsair have an international warrenty. The price just rose today from 90 to 110$ , should I still get the h100i ? The looks are extremely important to me considering 140mm noctua fans look like shit and there arent SP140s on the market
a b K Overclocking
June 24, 2013 12:40:15 PM

110 is a bit much I would think.
I mean, the H100i is a nice unit but aren´t the 280mm AiO coolers in the same price segment now?
June 24, 2013 2:10:29 PM

Som3one said:
110 is a bit much I would think.
I mean, the H100i is a nice unit but aren´t the 280mm AiO coolers in the same price segment now?
the H110 is 120$ while the H100i is 110$ and I dont want to get the H110 cuz its from the previous generation and it has no LED light and ofc if I buy two 140mm fans I will have to take the noctuas which look very bad

a b K Overclocking
June 25, 2013 6:35:34 AM

I suppose you still could get some other pressure-optimized fans besides the Noctuas.
But it sure looks like you´ve already made up your mind. ;) 

You also could have a look at the Swiftech H220 with which I only have bad experiance. Might that might have been just me...or just my unit.
June 25, 2013 9:54:02 AM

Som3one said:
I suppose you still could get some other pressure-optimized fans besides the Noctuas.
But it sure looks like you´ve already made up your mind. ;) 

You also could have a look at the Swiftech H220 with which I only have bad experiance. Might that might have been just me...or just my unit.

I got some case fans and X60 with no additional fans. Thanks for the halpp

!