Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$400 Gaming Build - June 2013

Last response: in Systems
Share

Do you think this is a good deal for the $400-$500 range?

  •  
  •  
  •  
June 23, 2013 4:57:12 PM

Hiya Tom's Hardware!

I just designed this $400 system thought I would share it incase anyone is looking for one.
I used pcpartspicker.com and passmark.com for benchmarks and prices.

$140- Video Card- Radeon HD 7850 1GB
$114- CPU- i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core
$65- Storage- Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
$50- Motherboard- ASRock B75M-DGS
$28- Memory- Kingston 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333
$20- Case- Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower
$20- Power Supply- CoolMax 500W ATX12V / EPS12V

Here's a link to more info about these parts:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/fractal618/saved/1Pnf

Feedback is always welcome!

Best,
Chris

More about : 400 gaming build june 2013

a b 4 Gaming
June 23, 2013 8:25:55 PM

Feedback: good job, but adding an OS will take it to $500. And most folks still want an optical drive... another $20 or more. But it will allow one to game on the cheap!
June 23, 2013 8:46:17 PM

clutchc said:
Feedback: good job, but adding an OS will take it to $500. And most folks still want an optical drive... another $20 or more. But it will allow one to game on the cheap!


Now I am not suggesting anything illegal, as I know the forum doesn't take too kindly to that, but most people with the correct know how can just get a "free" copy of Windows 7/8 from "certain" sites. I will not name any of these but seasoned internet veterans should know what I'm talking about.
Related resources
June 23, 2013 8:49:14 PM

Chris DeAngelis said:
Hiya Tom's Hardware!

I just designed this $400 system thought I would share it incase anyone is looking for one.
I used pcpartspicker.com and passmark.com for benchmarks and prices.

$140- Video Card- Radeon HD 7850 1GB
$114- CPU- i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core
$65- Storage- Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
$50- Motherboard- ASRock B75M-DGS
$28- Memory- Kingston 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333
$20- Case- Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower
$20- Power Supply- CoolMax 500W ATX12V / EPS12V

Here's a link to more info about these parts:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/fractal618/saved/1Pnf

Feedback is always welcome!

Best,
Chris


Looks like a great build for the beginner PC builder. As clutchc did point out, you can get a optical drive for cheap, and you will still need a OS. Also, I have been considering buying a new graphics card in that series. A problem I ran into when I built my PC back in November I didn't shell out too much on my GFX card.
June 23, 2013 11:28:54 PM

Very true Clutchc, also a monitor will also cost another $100. However, I would recommend a popular linux distro like Lubuntu, Ubuntu or Linux Mint. I think a lot of great games are being released on linux now.

Thanks for the feedback BarbedW1re :)  and good luck with your next videocard purchase, if the HD 7850 (above) isn't enough for you I would recommend the:
HD 7890 for $190 (http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-fx787acdfc)
or the GTX 570 for $244 (http://pcpartpicker.com/part/zotac-video-card-zt5020310...),
or the GTX 660 Ti for $263 (http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtx660tidc...)
June 24, 2013 8:02:35 AM

Chris DeAngelis said:
Very true Clutchc, also a monitor will also cost another $100. However, I would recommend a popular linux distro like Lubuntu, Ubuntu or Linux Mint. I think a lot of great games are being released on linux now.

Thanks for the feedback BarbedW1re :)  and good luck with your next videocard purchase, if the HD 7850 (above) isn't enough for you I would recommend the:
HD 7890 for $190 (http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-fx787acdfc)
or the GTX 570 for $244 (http://pcpartpicker.com/part/zotac-video-card-zt5020310...),
or the GTX 660 Ti for $263 (http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtx660tidc...)


Thanks, the only problem I really have is finding the money to spend!
!